cooling system won t start

Hey everyone,

I hooked up my 4 door coler today but it won t start automatically.

The fans on the evaporator are running so it is fine but i get a buzzing/clicking noise from a solenoid that is right after the filter dryer. It is connected to a ranco controller wich seems to be working fine.

The compressor and fan works fine when i push the capacitor in.

Any ideas why it won t start by it self?

thank you

cooling system won t start

Hey everyone,

The fans on the evaporator are running so it is fine but i get a buzzing/clicking noise from a solenoid that is right after the filter dryer. It is connected to a ranco controller wich seems to be working fine.

thank you

Re: cooling unit won t start automatically

Hi
    i think you ment contactor ,not capacitor,
    you can check your high presostat and display for any aparrent errors,
    or call an experienced ref tech to the rescue
    good luck

Re: cooling system won t start

Your pushing the capactitor, Have you checked if there is any gas in the system!

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    Hey everyone,

thank you
    Yeah agree with supra, sounds like refrigerant

& may be that capacitor is a 'contactor' the difference being one gives you a good whack ! the other is the switching device that feeds power to compressor

R's chillerman

Quote Originally Posted by supra_84 View Post
    Your pushing the capactitor, Have you checked if there is any gas in the system!
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Re: cooling unit won t start automatically

nicksab,

you have posted this thread twice

I think its what as known as spamming the forum

one thread is enough & you can continue through the day to add info - keeping your post up there for people to notice

How did u get it in the shop,u didnt update ur last post?
    Did u build a box around the condenser to make it quieter,could have tripped out on hp switch or uve cooked the pot

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    Did u build a box around the condenser to make it quieter,could have tripped out on hp switch or uve cooked the pot
    I unscrewed the whole top of the cooler so i could get it thru the door then put it back on.

I have not work on the box yet. I just wired it as the guy who sold it to me said to. I had 5 wires to work with. 2 on a 20 amp breaker, one on a 15 and common white and ground.

the cooler work only when i push the contactor in.

What do you mean by "tripped out hp switch"?

What do you mean by "tripped out hp switch"?
    If the enclosure u buil to reduce noise isnt sufficiently ventilated then the system will trip out on the high pressure switch,if fitted
    If the system runs when the contactor is pushed in then check the overload on the contactor,and any external safety switch.
    Test for power accross a1a2 on ur contactor and if no juice then trace the live wire back through the safety devices,u say the solonoid valve is energised so there is a demand for cooling

If the enclosure u buil to reduce noise isnt sufficiently ventilated then the system will trip out on the high pressure switch,if fitted
    If the system runs when the contactor is pushed in then check the overload on the contactor,and any external safety switch.
    Test for power accross a1a2 on ur contactor and if no juice then trace the live wire back through the safety devices,u say the solonoid valve is energised so there is a demand for cooling
    I don t have a1a2 on the contactor. I have either l1 l2 or t1 t2. And yes the solenoid valve is making noise.

I didn t put the box on it yet so everything is in free air right now. I removed the cover on the pressure controller to check. There is a metal bar with springs on it that is all the way to the left. Is it normal?

I don t have a1a2 on the contactor. I have either l1 l2 or t1 t2. And yes the solenoid valve is making noise.

I didn t put the box on it yet so everything is in free air right now. I removed the cover on the pressure controller to check. There is a metal bar with springs on it that is all the way to the left. Is it normal?
    Nicksab

you probaly will not apreciate my post here unless you are sensible

I think you have gone as far with this if not further than you should, call an engineer before you either damage the equipment & cost yourself more money than it should or worse still you hurt yourself, your actions so far with your knowledge have me concerned for your safety, the last time I was this concerned for another I went down & helped what turned out to be a experienced, skilled & qualified engineer.. you are clearly not at his level...please do yourself a favour, call an engineer to sort your problem.. then you can come back & let us know what the fault was

R's chillerman

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Nicksab

you probaly will not apreciate my post here unless you are sensible

I think you have gone as far with this if not further than you should, call an engineer before you either damage the equipment & cost yourself more money than it should or worse still you hurt yourself, your actions so far with your knowledge have me concerned for your safety, the last time I was this concerned for another I went down & helped what turned out to be a experienced, skilled & qualified engineer.. you are clearly not at his level...please do yourself a favour, call an engineer to sort your problem.. then you can come back & let us know what the fault was

R's chillerman
    thanks for your concern about my safety but at least i got it fix. I am maybe going to far with this but at least i am learning and willing to help other with their problem Not like YOU. For a pro like you, you should have figure the problem in 2 second. but i will let you wonder what the problem was while i enjoy cold beers. Later Chillerman

thanks for your concern about my safety but at least i got it fix. I am maybe going to far with this but at least i am learning and willing to help other with their problem Not like YOU. For a pro like you, you should have figure the problem in 2 second. but i will let you wonder what the problem was while i enjoy cold beers. Later Chillerman
    I dont believe Iam reading this!

its good to get feedback once a fault has been repaired. this is why we're here
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I dont believe Iam reading this!

Nicksab

I am all for helping anyone at any level...just when you are shooting in the dark with pressure switches & electrics its a stage to be learned under supervision ... hope you do ok..really do ... but you have described above a contactor as capacitor ! you have just pushed it in plus run the compressor ... you do not know what the controls/pull in coil contacts are ... good luck if you want to fiddle ... up to you .. I gave good advice based upon concern for your safety nothing else

R's chillerman

cm-we all need help advice and a jedi to guide us along the path to fix and repair things,nicksab might have excellent parenting skills and qualifications in child torture! he may not advise you as you might not be crb registered!haha
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Nicksab

I am all for helping anyone at any level...just when you are shooting in the dark with pressure switches & electrics its a stage to be learned under supervision ... hope you do ok..really do ... but you have described above a contactor as capacitor ! you have just pushed it in plus run the compressor ... you do not know what the controls/pull in coil contacts are ... good luck if you want to fiddle ... up to you .. I gave good advice based upon concern for your safety nothing else

R's chillerman

cm-we all need help advice and a jedi to guide us along the path to fix and repair things,nicksab might have excellent parenting skills and qualifications in child torture! he may not advise you as you might not be crb registered!haha
    He may well have ... but safety comes first & kids do not want electrocuting

Maybe I should just have said "that round thing with wires coming off the top, disconnect & put it on your tongue, if it feels ok ... its not working" !

R's chillerman

ur only miffed coz a newbie updated the forum, showing a lack of technical skills didnt hijack a thread,and fixed it-dudla dudla der![me blowing my own trumpet]haha- a 2inch rusty nail can jam any contactor in and is rated at around 200amp haha

Why would we wonder? It's obviously something really simple that we've seen a million times if even you could fix it.

I am still suspicious that the fault has been rectified, unless a wire was knocked off, during the move then I am enclined to think this is a refrigerant issue...either loss of or a control issue or failure of solonoid, when the contactor is not pulling in & then there is a miraculous it works ! Or maybe someone else posted for mr nick & he has learned already not to fiddle - brown bread !

mice had run off with the contactor coil ,hence no a1a2 and they also modified the wiring diagram.i dint know they could write capacitor but hey!

For the record, I figured the problem out in under 2 seconds.
    Problem was the user/OP mucking about with stuff.

edit: I have no problem with people doing DIY by the way.
    I charge them more for repairs...
    Last edited by paul_h; 04-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    For the record, I figured the problem out in under 2 seconds.
    Problem was the user/OP mucking about with stuff.

edit: I have no problem with people doing DIY by the way.
    I charge them more for repairs...
    Nice one Paul

And so you should mate, your teaching them a valuable lesson !

R's chillerman

how very rude always believe in asking questions but without the practical knowledge unfortunately you are dangerous to yr self and others would recomend you get it checked by more experiance guy and when he is there watch wot he does and learn have worked with a lot of guys and helped them and been helped have also kicked only one engineer out a plant room for being dangerous and being to arrogant to listen he nearly killed himself and i didnt fancy the paper work oh and read my signature you might learn somat lol
    I can fix broke but I cant fix stupid :)

Quote Originally Posted by simon@parker View Post
    read my signature you might learn somat lol
    I can fix broke but I can't fix stupid only just see that mate .. excellent summary

i bet it was wood splinters jamming the cond fan !from when i recommended smashing in the back doors!!!haha

i bet it was wood splinters jamming the cond fan !from when i recommended smashing in the back doors!!!haha
    Well Install

this is your buddy ... whats the full picture of this system & whats been going on with this unit

from your posting it would appear its spread across a few threads ... whats the crack & whats he fixed

R's chillerman

dunno-no private message or anything-he might be watching our vids, u seen the dudesons tobasco sauce -haha,nearly as good as watching women shat in pots haha

dunno-no private message or anything-he might be watching our vids, u seen the dudesons tobasco sauce -haha,nearly as good as watching women shat in pots haha
    Nah ! I have not mate .. post the link - sounds cool

& whats these women been doing in pots ???

http://youtu.be/ClFiO0KeIyI
    maybe this could sort out ur daughter!!haha

LOL funny, this blokes a numpty he dont even know the difference between a capacitor and contactor. Glad hes found the plug.