We have had two FF in 9 years. The first was a Zanussi which developed a fault which turned out to be something about gas escaping from it if I remember rightly. Second is our current Hotpoint FF200E which has all the faults that have been previously stated in other post ice build up, pools of water and warm fridge.

We have decided to cut our losses and buy a new fridge freezer but this time I want on that is going to last a lot longer than 4 years. I was between a Samsung at £299 and a Bosch at £499. We finally decided on the Bosch hoping that the extra money would mean getting a lot more years out of it. Unfortunately the model we could afford is now out of stock everywhere unless we pay an extra £100.

Is it worth buying a more expensive model or are they just not built to last anymore? Are there any brands that I should steer clear of altogether?

Is it true that Beko ones keep catching fire?

We just do not know what to do for the best. On one hand we don't want to spend too much but on the other I don't want to be having to buy another FF in another 4 yrs.

I did see a nice Hotpoint the other day but I am put off by what we are experiencing with this particular model & am reluctant to give hotpoint anymore money.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give.