Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somerset
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,506
    Rep Power
    38

    I Don't Believe It!



    Access to a flat roof was reinstated for me today to enable the reclamation of some R22
    from some redundant R22 splits.
    The site scaffolders fitted an access ladder and duly signed off the scaff tag.
    Site safety requires me or anyone else to confirm the scaff tag was in date, prior to climbing the ladder.
    Only one problem, the scaff tag is fitted at the top of the Ladder!!!!

    You couldn't make this stuff up could you?
    Grizzly



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Evening Grizzly

    Can we presume the scaffolders left you a nice complimentry telescope or binoculars Just so you could read their tag

    Or they did not leave a nice single man trampoline so you have some fun whilst checking it did they

    On a more serious note mate, I would be a bit concerned about the safety of that ladder if they have not got the common sense to put the tag at the bottom ..Unbeleivable

    R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    plan b grizzly-get a line tap in the liq line inside-imi units have a charging stubb on the indoors. or plan c get the spiderman suit out as superhero's are exempt from h&s law!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    44
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Access to a flat roof was reinstated for me today to enable the reclamation of some R22
    from some redundant R22 splits.
    The site scaffolders fitted an access ladder and duly signed off the scaff tag.
    Site safety requires me or anyone else to confirm the scaff tag was in date, prior to climbing the ladder.
    Only one problem, the scaff tag is fitted at the top of the Ladder!!!!

    You couldn't make this stuff up could you?
    Grizzly
    that is quality not

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    england
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,790
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Stack some chemical drums up to reach the top so you can see the tag, make sure to alternate acid and alkali so they will cancel out if theres a spill
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    plan c is wait till dark and go for it-nocturnal degassing,or make a sign for the pykies pointing to copper,u never know they may even nick the scaffold bars and u could get ur drive tarmac'ed too.-just thinking outside the box

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    plan c is wait till dark and make a sign for the pykies pointing to 'FREE' copper,
    Classic, Monkey

    a couple of signs on the nearest A road with arrows directing them in, thats a sure done job !
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    bet none of them come from basilden camp-theyre trying to uproot 80 familes of the travelling community-thats about 300 kids and 150 dogs,130 transit vans,toyota pick ups

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    bet none of them come from basilden camp-theyre trying to uproot 80 familes of the travelling community-thats about 300 kids and 150 dogs,130 transit vans,toyota pick ups
    Coming to a nice green field near you Soon !
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    i can believe it!! did a job in peterborough near perkins engines,they were pitched on the lil grass verges and we were sticking 5 power inverters on condenser blocks 30ft away-had visions of spotting them at the scrapyard when we weighed in the old hitatchi ras 5 's haha
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Coming to a nice green field near you Soon !

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    i can believe it!! did a job in peterborough near perkins engines,they were pitched on the lil grass verges and we were sticking 5 power inverters on condenser blocks 30ft away-had visions of spotting them at the scrapyard when we weighed in the old hitatchi ras 5 's haha
    We had them here on the virges last year, as the only green here are parks, they were moved on quick, plus I have to be careful what I say her granmother was a travelling caravaner still see some of them at xmas
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Access to a flat roof was reinstated for me today to enable the reclamation of some R22
    from some redundant R22 splits.
    The site scaffolders fitted an access ladder and duly signed off the scaff tag.
    Site safety requires me or anyone else to confirm the scaff tag was in date, prior to climbing the ladder.
    Only one problem, the scaff tag is fitted at the top of the Ladder!!!!

    You couldn't make this stuff up could you?
    Grizzly
    Sorry Grizzly

    Hijacking your thread mate
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

  13. #13
    Brian_UK's Avatar
    Brian_UK is online now Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Dorset
    Age
    69
    Posts
    10,444
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Sorry Grizzly

    Hijacking your thread mate
    Yes, please try not to hijack too many threads between you both, thanks.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015
    Please support http://the100project.net/Home

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: I Don't Believe It!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Yes, please try not to hijack too many threads between you both, thanks.
    Sorry Brian

    we need to stick to chit chat threads we have

    R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •