china made evaporative condensers

hello, fellow members. i am considering an upgrade in our plant(ice block plant, using shell and tube condensers), and am considering the use of evaporative condensers. however, the cost of american made (evapco and BAC) seems so high,aside from the fact that i think they also have assembly plants in china.
    I would like to hear some feedback on users of china made evaporarive condensers. thank you

Re: china made evaporative condensers

It is not so much about "where" a product is made but by what Specification it is made. BAC and Evapco both have excellent reputations in the business, and know how they want there product built. If you stray from well known manufacturer's do not be too upset if get what you paid for.

Unless I have been miss-informed 'china' stands for cheap knock off copies & they don't respect pattern rights, as a result I try to by nothing that says 'made in china' why do hard working people of the world go to all the time & trouble to make good products & pattern rights - to have them steal their idea's for free ??????
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

bet i can get a widget of them,with child labour and lead based paint,should only cost about £20
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Unless I have been miss-informed 'china' stands for cheap knock off copies & they don't respect pattern rights, as a result I try to by nothing that says 'made in china' why do hard working people of the world go to all the time & trouble to make good products & pattern rights - to have them steal their idea's for free ??????

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    bet i can get a widget of them,with child labour and lead based paint,should only cost about £20
    Yeah ! I bet you can, about six weeks after 'Mad' releases it
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

if its labelled as a ridget then its ok,
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Yeah ! I bet you can, about six weeks after 'Mad' releases it

Chillerman 2006,
    I live in China. Yes you can get hopeless crap here but Evapco's product quality is as good as the european or American made product. You may already be buying top quality Chinese made product since a significant portion of Alfa Laval and Danfoss BPHE's are made here and Alfa's worldwide production of gaskets for their gasketed PHEs are made here. Be careful when you paint with a broad brush.

charlie n, thanks for your post. i was also a bit surprised when evapco quoted us an evaporative condenser, which was made in china.

can you recommend any chinese manufaturer of evaporative condensers?

I try to avoid Chinese products as much as possible.

Ken

Hi i used to work for a ground and air source Heat pump manufacturer who used Evaporators and Condensers made in china, a lot of work had to be done on them before the were any good, ie inlet and outlet pipes repaired and re alligned, they all had to be pressure tested and often failed and had to be welded up, also the mounting legs were always in the wrong place! Steer well clear more trouble than they are worth, us a reputable supplier.

Paul.

thank you for your comment, hobair. may i ask what brand your company used that was made in china ? we postponed our purchase of evaporative condensers , as of now. thanks

Hi engrp,
    I have worked on a site in China that had evap/condensers installed local manufactured Evapco, they were no different from standard US.
    What the difference is specifying standards. You want cheap you get cheap and nasty. I have imported Ice machines, ice boxes, freezing tunnels etc., spec'd what I wanted and got quality equipment.
    So if you know what you want, specify in details, performance, materials and anything else. Not difficult.

thanks for the advise, magoo. i will further scrutinize specs od evapco evaporative condensers, based on their website, and compare against china made specs. it is my understanding that, if you do a detailed specs requirement for the equipment you woulds want to order, chinese equipment manufacturers will comply with them. is this what you are saying ? sorry, just being inquisitive.

Hi engrp.
    not a problem, generally speaking here the standard BAC evap/condenser is good for 10 >15 years, due to galv sheetmetal, untreated fan wheels and fan shafts, prop fans also. Motors are generaly on the limit and overload without water spray operating. So the last couple of replacements I have spec'd s/steel sheet metal, same would apply with Evapco, spec what ever style or manufacturer of pumps, for local convenience.
    The type of coil hx s/steel or hot dip galv., mild steel . Specify the standard manufacture of coil as well either a BS or USA standard rating.
    The shipping from China will save money as well.

many thanks again, magoo. happy holidays.