Thread: Time wasters

Time wasters

So, it all started with a bill to be paid. Annual renewal of one licence. Wrote the cheque and posted. Thought nothing more of it. Some time later, same department sends me a reminder, looked to see that it had been paid then thought no more about it. Another letter arrives about 2 weeks later, this time it says my licence is suspended , and immediate action is required before a certain date or it will be cancelled. Now, all my jobs had to be put on hold untill this was resolved. Phone call to Brisbane, wait in line untill next operator available.. cut that long story short, and find that they had not recieved my cheque. I now paid the amount again with mastercard over the phone, but now have to go to the Bank and place a stop payment on that cheque at my cost of $15. Days pass and a creditor rings to ask why payment to him has been stopped . Back to the bank i go, turns out the stop payment was placed on wrong cheque number. Asked nicely for them to correct the problem but they want another $15 bucks. No, i said, you didn't type it in right the first time. So now i call my creditor and explained the situation but now i have to write him another cheque, and since the end of the month had passed, i was now in default of my 30 day credit . While at the post office mailing cheque to rectify the banks stuff up, i find another letter from this troublesome licence department. What now?? They had indeed recieved payment but had obviously misplaced it, and now here it is, returned in the mail . Gee, thanks. Still have not recieved new licence though. ( Others out there i can see are having a laugh, similar dramas no doubt.).. Mike.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Blog Entries

Re: Time wasters

I sometimes (most of the time) wish that now is time of wild west.

Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post
    I sometimes (most of the time) wish that now is time of wild west.
    It still is here, bad guys have shoot outs in the street every night in America

Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    It still is here, bad guys have shoot outs in the street every night in America
    In this country they come out during the day to rob you, we call them "Bank Managers".

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Quote Originally Posted by chillin out View Post
    In this country they come out during the day to rob you, we call them "Bank Managers".

Chillin
    The WORST of the BAD GUYS

please send me $15 for a reply to this post,preferably by cheque so i can request another and cash them both at once!haha

Just an example of how one little thing can cause so much lost time. Seems like everyone has a knife these days. Sipping my cuppa this morning and its leaking out my back. Bet the bank will charge me the second $15 bucks for correcting their mistake. . This licence is not refrigeration related, rather a building trades organisation that covers exactly that, Building and renovations. From chippies to interior decorators, so how did they manage to rope me in? By the clause of ( any work done on someones premesis that exceeds $500)..Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

I just sent a VERY time dependent cheque to the electrical utility and didn't I post date it to 2029. It was written on the 29th of july. Oh Well

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHolm View Post
    I just sent a VERY time dependent cheque to the electrical utility and didn't I post date it to 2029. It was written on the 29th of july. Oh Well
    And here i thought on one of your posts, if memory serves me correct, that you don,t have mains power into your home. Maybe the smog over Toronto is not allowing the sun to get to solar pannels? No sun, need backup from mains? Of course,i can't see over there real clear with my telescope, something to do with light refraction over that distance. Last time i visited Toronto on Google earth street view, i nearly got run over with that insane traffic..Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    And here i thought on one of your posts, if memory serves me correct, that you don,t have mains power into your home. Maybe the smog over Toronto is not allowing the sun to get to solar pannels? No sun, need backup from mains? Of course,i can't see over there real clear with my telescope, something to do with light refraction over that distance. Last time i visited Toronto on Google earth street view, i nearly got run over with that insane traffic..Mike.
    The smog doesn't obscure my panels, than you very much. Panels here are usually connected to the mains cause we get paid $.80/kwh for the power which makes my system quite profitable. Keep trying with the telescope, you need a clear night to see toronto. Yes, the traffic sucks and apparently we have the longest commute in North America to work. People insist on living 100km from work....duh

Oops, my mistake. Thought you may have been self sufficient with power. Batteries and inverter. Would like self sufficiency through solar but living in the highest rainfall area of Australia, this makes it somewhat challenging.

oi mike wheres me cheque please send another 2 ta

Ha!, finally a win. Went to post office and picked up Fridays mail. So i now have my licence, (one of the toolbag full that is required in this part of planet earth ). Reads under licence class: Refrig, Aircond & Mechanical Services incl Limited Design. Look out Mad F, i'm moving up the ladder! Whats this? .."surveys have shown that email is the preferred contact method. Next time you're dealing with us, please check we have your email address." Phhh! next time don't lose my cheque and make me do the run around .

Hi Mike ref.
    I can understand your frustration with banks and cheques, always happens with the critical payment ones. Cannot remember the last time I wrote out a cheque, and even where the cheque book is. I discovered internet banking and get the wife to do it, on the due dates. All suppliers here provide account details, all the stuff at home as well. All my clients as well direct debit as well. Must really pee the banks that they cannot clip the ticket.

Have you heard the latest bank joke, "order on line and get a free banking manager added for no cost "

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Hi Mike ref.
    I can understand your frustration with banks and cheques, always happens with the critical payment ones. Cannot remember the last time I wrote out a cheque, and even where the cheque book is. I discovered internet banking and get the wife to do it, on the due dates. All suppliers here provide account details, all the stuff at home as well. All my clients as well direct debit as well. Must really pee the banks that they cannot clip the ticket.

Have you heard the latest bank joke, "order on line and get a free banking manager added for no cost "
    Hey Magoo, internet banking baffles me but some clients now pay me that way. Lost any confidence i had with internet transferre when, many years ago, i bought a ute for around $14,000 second hand, and the payment disappeared for 3 days, gone, what payment? After that, i stayed with checkbooks. No trust in auto teller machine either. Can't think of the word "Mike, Toronto" used, something about luditte?? neo-luditte, thats it, when i choose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Hey Magoo, internet banking baffles me but some clients now pay me that way. Lost any confidence i had with internet transferre when, many years ago, i bought a ute for around $14,000 second hand, and the payment disappeared for 3 days, gone, what payment? After that, i stayed with checkbooks. No trust in auto teller machine either. Can't think of the word "Mike, Toronto" used, something about luditte?? neo-luditte, thats it, when i choose to be.
    Mike, look up Luddite on the web. Bunch of guys in england who smashed up all the knitting equipments at the beginning of the industrial revolution cause the company owners stuffed people in dirty, hot windowless buildings to make cloth and other stuff. They even locked the doors.

Previously, weavers/knitters worked at home, saw their kids, ate lunch and had better working conditions.

I like good technology but the is a bunch of crap out there that does no one any good (there is some computer stuff in this category) I can't program my way out of a wet paper bag.
    Last edited by MikeHolm; 28-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    oi mike wheres me cheque please send another 2 ta
    Yeh, money in one hand and out the other. As the owner of a printing shop down town says, All he ever wants is one dollar more than he can ever spend. And Mikeholm, Mr. Toronto, i must have a different web here, ( plenty of spider webbs about), cause the definition i looked up didn't mention that history, but thanks all the same. Oh, and about smog? Definately none up here in the mountains or on the coast. Around this time of the year though, controlled burning is started in the surrounding hills and makes great viewing at night but the winds can change and the smoke drifts in. (simulated city smog, cough.. cough).

more importantly what colour was the ute,was it a toyota and did it come with a free sheep?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHolm View Post
    Mike, look up Luddite on the web. Bunch of guys in england who smashed up all the knitting equipments at the beginning of the industrial revolution cause the company owners stuffed people in dirty, hot windowless buildings to make cloth and other stuff. They even locked the doors.

Previously, weavers/knitters worked at home, saw their kids, ate lunch and had better working conditions.

I like good technology but the is a bunch of crap out there that does no one any good (there is some computer stuff in this category) I can't program my way out of a wet paper bag.

Ah, the ute colour? It was a whiter white than it is today and it now has plenty of web coverage as it hardly goes out of the shed. Now only used when my current TIGER colour orangey brown holden ute is in for services. No sheep included with either, thats a New Zealand thing .