Thread: F-Gas?

F-Gas?

Hi all,

I left the trade about 12 month's ago so I haven't done the 2079. I am wanting to come back into it due to another career path not floating my boat and also genuinely missing it. I am City and Guilds qualified and hold 2078 gas handling. My question is with me being a bit ropey with it all having been out of touch and also only being 22 yrs old I'm also an improver how should I go about doing the course and is there anyone on here who does them or knows someone reputable who does?

Re: F-Gas?

do the 3 day one gives u chance to quote the answers they wanna hear.
    the 2079 was easier than the 2078
    ellis training on kirby ind est in the north west- but uk is a big place. as long as you can flare pipes within 4 attempts degas a small circuit vac and reweigh ur laughing. theres plumbers that were on the course and suprisingly we all passed!

Re: F-Gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2212 View Post
    Hi all,

I left the trade about 12 month's ago so I haven't done the 2079. I am wanting to come back into it due to another career path not floating my boat and also genuinely missing it. I am City and Guilds qualified and hold 2078 gas handling. My question is with me being a bit ropey with it all having been out of touch and also only being 22 yrs old I'm also an improver how should I go about doing the course and is there anyone on here who does them or knows someone reputable who does?
    hello Mate

Do a bit of revision on ph charts, jog your memory & you be ok (pm me if you need a jog)

You have a choice of c&g 2079-01 or Cskills/Citb J11

2079 = online test + pratical, 70% pass rate closed book
    J11 = paper test (class room) + pratical 100% pass rate, but open book

As far as I have been told since July 4th - only 5 day courses are being run

Take your pick & dont worry, as i have been saying 'they are giving them away in xmas crackers'

Your be fine - multiskilled newbies are passing

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !