Disconnect compressor from cooler

Hey everyone,

I just got a 4 door cooler with the motor on top but i need to disconnect the whole unit from the cooler so it can fit thru a door.
    the problem is that there is no valve on the suction line before the compresor so i am not sure how to disconnect it withtout loosing all the ***** inside.

Any advice would be really appreciated?

thank you

Re: Disconnect compressor from cooler

Recover the refigerant into a cylinder,remove compressor and then refit , fit new drier,vac and charge with refrigerant.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

you need a line tap valve.

I was hoping to not remove the charge or recover the *****. I would like to be able to disconnect the cooling unit ( compressor, condenser and receiver ) that sits on top of the cooler from the evaporator that is inside the cooler.

Could i close the valve on the receiver and pump down the system then cut the line from the cooling unit to the evaporator and cap them??

there is no valve on the line from the evaporator to the compressor though. The only valve near the compressor is on the top of it and is connected to a johnson pressure control P70.

Any suggestion would be appreciated?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    I was hoping to not remove the charge or recover the *****. I would like to be able to disconnect the cooling unit ( compressor, condenser and receiver ) that sits on top of the cooler from the evaporator that is inside the cooler.

Could i close the valve on the receiver and pump down the system then cut the line from the cooling unit to the evaporator and cap them??

there is no valve on the line from the evaporator to the compressor though. The only valve near the compressor is on the top of it and is connected to a johnson pressure control P70.

Any suggestion would be appreciated?

thank you

You can't???

You will have no option but to remove the refrigerant and cut the pipes.

Coolrunnings

Quote Originally Posted by sweimaker View Post
    you need a line tap valve.

where would you put the line tap valve?

before or after compressor?

Why can t i?

here is a few pics to clarify things?

08212011051.jpg08212011052.jpg08212011056(1).jpg

I was thinking about closing the valve that is after the receiver and install a piercing valve between the evaporator and compressor. Then let the compressor runs until there is no more pressure on the suction side of the compressor ( between evaporator and compressor ).

But that s where i am stuck. Since there is no valve between the evaporator and compressor, i have no way to avoid the ***** from getting out when i cut the suction line.

I should be fine on the receiver side since there is a valve between the receiver and evaporator.

P.S: and the valve that goes to the johnson controller on top of the compressor is kind of useless, isn t it?