ubersonic Guest

List of EU qualifications valid in UK?

Hello, I hope I've posted this in the correct section, I am trying to locate the list of foreign refrigeration qualifications recognised in the UK but am not having much luck and was hoping somebody could help me. I am referring to the one referenced in this paragraph from F-Gas Support RAC 5:

The EC F gas Regulation requires that Member States give mutual recognition to certification of suitable qualifications from other EU countries. This will only apply to a “full certificate” that meets the minimum requirements specified in Commission Regulation EC/303/2008. In some EU countries the existing qualifications already meet or go beyond these minimum requirements. The European Commission will be compiling a list of qualifications that meet the new minimum requirements (not available at the time of writing this document).

Thank you very much for any help

Re: List of EU qualifications valid in UK?

Evening ubersonic

Your answer is in your quote,

"The European Commission will be compiling a list of qualifications that meet the new minimum requirements"

Hope that helps point you in the right direction !

R's chillerman

If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Any cert recognised in an EU country is therefore recognised in any EU country so for Ireland it's FETAC Level 5 (Specific Purpose Certificate in Handling F-Gas Refrigerants 5S0108)

Though C&G2079 is pretty much the norm

jamco Guest

hi and when do we expect the list of the qualification s that meet the minimum requirements

Quote Originally Posted by RSTC View Post
    Any cert recognised in an EU country is therefore recognised in any EU country so for Ireland it's FETAC Level 5 (Specific Purpose Certificate in Handling F-Gas Refrigerants 5S0108)

Though C&G2079 is pretty much the norm
    Quote Originally Posted by jamco View Post
    hi and when do we expect the list of the qualification s that meet the minimum requirements
    Hi Jamco

I can not give you a definative answer but here is a quote from DEFRA (uk)

What is the status of a non-UK personnel qualification? The EC F gas Regulation requires that Member States give mutual recognition to certification of suitable qualifications from other EU countries. This will only apply to a "full qualification" that meets the minimum requirements specified in Commission Regulation 304/2008. In some EU countries the existing qualifications already meet or go beyond these minimum requirements. The European Commission will be compiling a list of qualifications that meet the new minimum requirements (not available at the time of writing this document).

R's chillerman

And here it is attached

R's chillerman
    Attached Files Attached Files