Pro-Dialog plus service level password help !

Hi good people
    Can anyone help with service or factory level passwords for pro-Dialog plus controller?

I have to look after (among other stuff) 3 x Carrier 30RA - 240 chillers utilising these controllers.
    The default service level password according to the manual is 11 - but this is invalid so I assume a previous engineer has changed it.
    Any help appreciated

Re: Pro-Dialog plus service level password help !

The only way to is to find out the password, or get carrier to reset it it's a long shot but try 33 that is the higher level code which might let you change the user code not 100% sure on the 30ra

Not sure either

But here's a few I have spare !
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 08-09-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

What is it you need to change as the password protected screens only change factory settings and field configuration which shouldn't need to be altered unless you have the new prodialog control ( White square pull out) in which case you really do need the password you need it to reset alarms and alter setpoints

Quote Originally Posted by james10 View Post
    What is it you need to change as the password protected screens only change factory settings and field configuration which shouldn't need to be altered unless you have the new prodialog control ( White square pull out) in which case you really do need the password you need it to reset alarms and alter setpoints
    James

I'm just creating work for us all

As you would know

It can take days sometime's to work out what they have messed up
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Hi folks
    Thanks for the info - I did try 11 and 88 (got factory level 88 from trolling here!)
    Ta muchly James for the useful list - we have lots of different stuff here on this site.

Reason I need to get into service menu is to change evap pump duty.
    It seems like the three chillers are set to run pump A all the time with pump B coming on only if A fails.
    The chillers tend to be neglected a bit - not enough people here who are interested in getting things right !
    Result is that the B pump sits unused and eventually seizes or becomes tight - or the constants running of evap pump A eventually causes unobserved bearing/seal wear and the pump fails,

I do realise that carriers policy seems to be to be very cautious about allowing access into controllers etc - for good reason. I'm sure we have all been victims of "finger trouble"
    Sometimes even caused ny "engineers" !!!

Sorry Chillerman - thanks to YOU for the list of various access codes.

Thanks Chillerman, you are generous.

easiest way to do that is to switch evap pump A circuit breaker off as its a bit of a ball ache to do it through the controller

Hello Weiredscenes.
    It seems like the three chillers are set to run pump A all the time with pump B coming on only if A fails.
    How the controls know pump A failed and it is time to switch pump B? There is a pressure control? You can also install a timer switching the signal to the pumps contactors: one day (or week) runs pump A, another day (week) the B.

OK
    James10 - from memory both pumps are fed from a common overload - dont think theres a separate breaker for each pump. It should be easy to do via the pro dialog controller -*IF*you can get into it !!!
    I am no stranger to modifying controls systems etc - but I work on an M.O.D. site, there are good reasons for not changing stuff on the numerous different makes of equipment.
    Secondly - there is a built-in facility on the service menu to set up pump changeover to suit user requirements. Why would I want to re-invent the wheel and give myself unnecessary work - plus cost of doing the work which we won't get paid for. Thanks for the suggestion though
    Yuri - there is a flow switch and interlocks on the pump contactors - I am not 100% sure (still havent been able to get a proper circuit diagram for this chiller) but think that if a pump fails there is no flow - so the controler starts the other pump. The change-over will be easy to accomplish in the same way. I have the chiller & pro-dialog manuals which have a good description of the features and menu structure of the contoler so I know it IS possible to change pump start/changeover configuration.
    Thanks for the interest.
    I know I am guilty of just lurking and requesting specific info for my own needs. Perhaps showing less interest in helping people with their own problems - but like most engineers I have a lot on my plate and spend too much time after hours going the extra mile for my employers and end users.
    I console myself by hoping that other people will be able to make some use of the info I have elicited from you guys.

Hello Weirdscenes.
    Although it is not answering your qwestion - what factory parole is (which I do not honestly believe you would find out, and if you would, please, share it with me too) , flow switch may not close for many reasons. The blades on the pump A may become disconnected, the motor will be working without load and there will be no flow. Then the controls will turn the pump B as you say - which uses probably the same overload, as the result the overload will inevitably trip. It thus seems there should be separate overloads and switches for the both pumps.

Or simply the flow switch may become clogged or for some reason get out of sensing a flow that is actually present as the pump is working properly, then, the second pump come in, the overload trips. Also the pump A may just trip the overload (a defect in motor) , then, there will be at all no chanse for B to be engaged.
    Last edited by Yuri B.; 25-08-2011 at 03:56 PM.

The pump control is in the user configuration and the password is 11. There is nothing in service or factory configuration to do with pump control.

There are modifications of Pro-dialog pluse as I have understood. If the OP have not found the parameter you mean then the intreface of his one does not allow the access.

Hi Weirdscenes,

Did you find the passwords, if so can you tell me what they are? I need the service code for a job I'm doing.

Hi people!
    Yesterday I'm starting 2 chilers Carrier 30RB0672. For entering service menu i'm use password 88. In this menu you can testing system before starting. Factory level I try password 88 but they is not good. How ever I thing that factory lvl is not so nessesery for starting chiller. Everything is you need is on service menu.