Advice on heat pump siting please

Hi. I've run into some planning issues for the installation of a Sanyo CO2 Eco 4.5KW heat pump and may have thought of an alternative. I don't own the land to the rear of my flat where I was going to site the pump, but what I *do* own as part of the lease is a small outbuilding at the front of the property. I suspect this would actually make a very good enclosure - it already has a concrete base, is 1.6m x 1.2m x an average height of maybe 8ft, and has got to be at least 7m away from the nearest neighbours windows. The pump would be behind a lockable wooden door and inside a brick building so I can't imagine noise would be an issue. The only possible thorn is the need to run a couple of pipes and 1 electrical cable from the front of this building to my flat, however all of these could be buried maybe 6 inches underneath the grass and paving slabs (which are just loose and could easily be replaced). My questions are is burying these (refridgerant?) pipes an issue, is the outbuilding big enough and also how much ventilation would the outbuilding need? Currently there are two airbricks at the top of it, one on each side, about 20cm x 20cm each. Also, total distance between pump and tank would be around 9m I think. Is this ok?

Thanks for your help

Tom

Re: Advice on heat pump siting please

sleeve the pipework cabling in 4 inch soil pipe,foam seal the ends to prevent rainwater.
    take the roof off ur outbuilding for good ventilation

And you want it to work!
    If you put in a building ( a small one as well) what do you think will happen in the building?
    You need 100% ventilation at basically zero pressure drop

Quote Originally Posted by samohtom View Post
    Hi. I've run into some planning issues for the installation of a Sanyo CO2 Eco 4.5KW heat pump and may have thought of an alternative. I don't own the land to the rear of my flat where I was going to site the pump, but what I *do* own as part of the lease is a small outbuilding at the front of the property. I suspect this would actually make a very good enclosure - it already has a concrete base, is 1.6m x 1.2m x an average height of maybe 8ft, and has got to be at least 7m away from the nearest neighbours windows. The pump would be behind a lockable wooden door and inside a brick building so I can't imagine noise would be an issue. The only possible thorn is the need to run a couple of pipes and 1 electrical cable from the front of this building to my flat, however all of these could be buried maybe 6 inches underneath the grass and paving slabs (which are just loose and could easily be replaced). My questions are is burying these (refridgerant?) pipes an issue, is the outbuilding big enough and also how much ventilation would the outbuilding need? Currently there are two airbricks at the top of it, one on each side, about 20cm x 20cm each. Also, total distance between pump and tank would be around 9m I think. Is this ok?

Thanks for your help

Tom
    Hi samohtom

They run rebadged copelands & you may wish to read this post first so you know of the pitfalls of these in smaller systems, they are ok if you run them with a chilled water condensor conversion, but am not sure, anyway have agood read & you'll find the answers to all your questions and much more,

Also how are your spit roasting skills ? I know it sounds a funny question not really related to your question but the fire brigade had to get involved with this thread & rb is even welcome, so more the merrier shesays!

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...r-(oil-related)

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

The pump basically blows out cold air right? How about if I channelled this directly outside through a grill of some sort and added a couple more airbricks for air to go in to replace it?

Not sure what to search for regarding the rebadged copelands...do you have a link to the thread?

Thanks

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by samohtom View Post
    pump blows cold right? I channelled grill airbricks

Not sure what to search for regarding the rebadged copelands...do you have a link to the thread?
    It's all here, click on link !

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...r-(oil-related
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !