hanbell screw with mcs controls, vs mcquay screw (series 1 200kw)

we currently have 2 faulty mcqauys with the screws that as mcqay say "just blow up" poor design, both systems 40kg short of 407c, star veins both in peices, compressor UNREPAIRABLE!

mcquay can retrfit the 2x newer compressors, new controls new exv, an have a better effiency between 15-30% at 30 less running costs, (what they say)
    or we have had another company willing to

retrofit to hanbell compressors with mcs controls invertors for fans
    (we will have acces to all mcs software, where as we all know mcquay can be supertight) at a good 15k cheaper

any experience with the hanbells and the mcs, they are twin screws no star drives, any prown failures.

any advice or comments i hugely appreciate
    Last edited by sweimaker; 06-10-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Re: hanbell screw with mcs controls, vs mcquay screw (series 1 200kw)

hanbell translated to english pain in the a**

had number of problems, oil level sensors, sliders put in wrong from factory not loading/unloading and more

only worked on a couple of mcquay screws, no problems with the ones I have seen
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

cheers for the reply.

really? the guys was quick enough to slate star drive gaitor valve types, and go for the reliable "twin scroll"

we have (airtech) have both cards, but id rather know some advice as its my site LOL) are parts available for the mcs system, and hanbell?

Quote Originally Posted by sweimaker View Post
    cheers for the reply.

really? the guys was quick enough to slate star drive gaitor valve types, and go for the reliable "twin scroll"

we have (airtech) have both cards, but id rather know some advice as its my site LOL) are parts available for the mcs system, and hanbell?
    Yeah, parts are available, I think, not seen a hanbell for a while but every one has been on 407, so should suit your needs, there not that bad that it would warrant another £15k for the mcquays but others may dissagree as I have not done much on them,

when i see your intro post, expected a few a/c questions, your straight in the deep end mate

easier to work on though do you think?

everything in one place, just get in the plant room or on the roof, sorted for the day, nice

oh dont get me wrong..

we have 3 chillers

all mcquay

the chiller in quesiton is r407c (you are correct) the other two are on r134a (newer)

i would not mind mcquay retrofitting there kit converting to r134a, but as our work goes interogtation of certain controls, and contact with them is a nightmare. the site in 2 years time is going down the (carbon root, and may replace everything)

then we have hanbell mcs option, where i can interogate and literally work on it like i would any daikin etc.

no plant room (tarpawlin in the rain) and deck chair in the sun. staying on a site for more than 3 months should be made illegal,

oh thanks for the "im in the deep end" i sure am, even a senior at mcquay has mentioned im being shafted, so im glad you agree. all fun and games

Quote Originally Posted by sweimaker View Post

no plant room (tarpawlin in the rain) and deck chair in the sun. staying on a site for more than 3 months should be made illegal,

oh thanks for the "im in the deep end" i sure am, even a senior at mcquay has mentioned im being shafted, so im glad you agree. all fun and games
    deck chair in the sun..yeah

No tarp in the rain ....thats tea time mate

Staying on site 3 months it's my own bed, unless they supplying nice long legged blonde & company visa to pay her on

Hi
    we retrofited trane comps and many other different units, using hanbell comps and mcs controls
    we actully had a farley good expereience with them ,(once you know the beast!!!)
    all up and running for 3 years. some systems had exv ,some had txv ,
    we used mcs controls twice seems pretty reliable,
    parts when needed, are available at least on this side of the ocean.
    the largest comp was approx 60 TR
    we always used a soft starter on these comps!
    most problems we had were with o rings and seals on solonoieds ,all easely repairable.
    if you have a problem using hanbell, you could always upgrade to bitzer !!!!!!
    good luck
    Last edited by goshen; 02-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    THE DEFINITION OF A SMART PERSON IS ONE WHOM LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES!!!