Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How do Trackers Work

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Covert tracking of mobile phones is actually illegal in the uk...
    That's interesting.
    My old boss used to ring a number to track certain mobiles. I only found out when he told another technician about it after he scrubbed the idea because it cost a quid each time and soon racked up a bill.

Cheers,
    Andy.

Oh, and in answer to the original question: Trackers are good for the boss if his staff aren't trustworthy. If they are trustworthy then the staff have nothing to worry about but it might upset them over the trust issue. For small firms with only a few vans you may not need them due to the way the firm works. With a big firm with many vans then probably trackers are a good thing for the boss.
    I know if I was a boss I woulodn't trust staff to be honest about vehicle use.

Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Re: How do Trackers Work

even if you are an honest engineer it screws you over due to tha 2000 points knocked off ur tax code. you cannot declare that u dont use the van for domestic use when the 1 time u nip to the shop,bang he's got u.and having a 3.5 tonne vw crafter isnt a perk compared to a company car which is taxed at a similar rate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12