Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do Trackers Work

In the last decade, when i went to an interview one of my many! questions was "do you have trackers on your vehicles?" the reply was "no" . Cut short I took the job.

18 months later I got the nod that there was a tracker on my vehicle, I replied with "nah, there can't be, I asked at interview, they said no". He then told me exactly where to look on my vehicle. So I stripped it down & there it was blinking its red & green led's at me

Obviously not impressed my first reaction was not good, but then I thought about it and concluded if they tell me there is no tracker, I don't want them to look like lier's, so ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strangely up untill now I had never received a call from the office, checking up on my where abouts. Now suddenly I get daily calls of "where are you?" "are you still at home?" "are you sure your not still at home?"

Needless to say when the tracker --------------, the system monitoring it just logged it's last known location & just presumed as there were no updates thats where it was still.

Back then I see this as a grave invasion of my privacy & was even more upset that it was done so covertly.

Now the subject has arose once more with a possible employer who has aknowledged they run trackers.

My question would be then to all in the know both technically & from experience -

What are the pro's & con's ?

& how does this affect your privacy - or not ?

R's chillerman
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 15-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.

If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Re: How do Trackers Work

theyre a pain in the arse!they know ur ignition on time,speed,location,always play up.we get paid off them.also ur boss knows if ur doing private mileage,where ur foreigners are! the only bonus is when ur van gets pinched u get ur old tools back!!

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    theyre a pain in the arse!they know ur ignition on time,speed,location,always play up.we get paid off them.also ur boss knows if ur doing private mileage,where ur foreigners are! the only bonus is when ur van gets pinched u get ur old tools back!!
    hmm! food for thought thankyou

also if u quote 2 days for a job and do it in a 1 1/2 days u have to read a book as there no job and knock! also they charge £80 for tampering if u bend the pins when u unplug it,oh and they have 24hr battery back up when unplugged and wrapping the ariels in lead doesnt work!!

also if u quote 2 days for a job and do it in a 1 1/2 days u have to read a book as there no job and knock! also they charge £80 for tampering if u bend the pins when u unplug it,oh and they have 24hr battery back up when unplugged and wrapping the ariels in lead doesnt work!!
    Its all coming out now mate tried & tested techniques

What happens if you swap the vodafone (taken for granted) sim card ?

Just a thought - ref, 24hr backup - can tracker stay at home when on private use? would they know ?

only if u carefully unplugged it and left it on ur drive!

The one I have monitors ignition, idling, and speed, and I've heard that one of the engineers unplugs his on the way home. They had them fit to the vans nearly three years ago, and they said it was to see where our geographcal position were so they could send the nearest engineer to a job. But we all knew it was because they no longer trusted anyone, but they still expect you to phone in when you've worked up to see if there are more jobs come in to the area your working in. If I've completed my jobs, I just sit around till its roughly time to go home, if my service manager ever gets at me about not phoning for more work. I just tell him if you know what time I started, then you must know where I was to ask me to to do another job in the area I was in. Especially if there were any extra jobs in the first place, which it usually turns out there isn't. And also as a manager he should be making the best out of something so expensive and use it for what it was intended for.

I think the engineer who unplugs his must tell the management that if the reason for fitting them is genuine, then they don't need to know that he is on his way home as he has done for the day. I always thought it was illegal for a company not to inform their staff that they were being monitored one way or another. As it can be construed as entrapment and recording data or information without letting you see what is being recorded, (data protection act) which states that any information that is stored about you must be released on request. I've been asking my tosspot of a service manager to give me a printout of my whereabouts regarding tracker data since they were installed. But yet to receive any, as he tries to play it coy when approached about it. But the first time he ever tries to dock my wages or dispute my hours, will mean me seeking legal advice towards on him furnishing me with such data.

When I used to install cctv, I had to leave an information pack containing a guide on regarding the data protection act. To actually test the strength of the said guide, I walked into a M&S store then few days later, asked them for a copy of of the recording of me waking in the store on the said time and day. And within a week I had recieved a cd rom with me walking in the store and browsing. So I would think the same would apply to trackers.
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Quote Originally Posted by chilliwilly View Post
    So I would think the same would apply to trackers.
    They monitor the van, not the driver.
    Data protection doesn't apply.

If you pay for private use based on tracker miles and remove the tracker for private use, it's fraud. If you've declared no private use it's also an HMRC offence.

There's no law requiring the employer to notify you.
    Hired vans quite often have tracker fitted, but the employer won't have immediate access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    My question would be then to all in the know both technically & from experience -

What are the pro's & con's ?

& how does this affect your privacy - or not ?

R's chillerman

Old firm: No trackers, vans used privately as you'd expect despite signing a form to say business use only. Even the supervisor told me he wriggled out of the tax situation as the car was classed as a pool car.

New firm: with trackers, those who do private use sign for it and pay the tax. Do they add their own fuel? Don't think so. Me? well I signed for no private use and that's how I use the van. Timesheets filled out correctly so I don't need to worry about fiddling the boss. He brought the trackers in years ago as staff were taking libs left, right and centre. Doesn't bother me having the thing.

If I was the boss then I certainly wouldn't trust the workforce to be honest about vehicle use.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Just a thought, there are cellular blockers on the market and even the most sophisticated tracker is basicly a cell phone so every small blocker will stop them from sending info....

only if u carefully unplugged it and left it on ur drive!
    maybe one solution to one issue then, tracking of private use & basically one's private life

The one I have monitors ignition, idling, and speed,

if my service manager ever gets at me about not phoning for more work. I just tell him if you know what time I started, then you must know where I was to ask me to to do another job in the area I was in.

I always thought it was illegal for a company not to inform their staff that they were being monitored one way or another.

When I used to install cctv, I had to leave an information pack containing a guide on regarding the data protection act. To actually test the strength of the said guide, I walked into a M&S store then few days later, asked them for a copy of of the recording of me waking in the store on the said time and day. And within a week I had recieved a cd rom with me walking in the store and browsing. So I would think the same would apply to trackers.
    hmm! Some good points coming to light again

First the company could in effect pass these details to police if you have been speeding accidently, down hill for instance & an accumalation of this could mean licence loss, it's possible !

argh! a good side, if the office know I am out the door at 05:00, they know I am entitled to a minimum 8 hours unbroken rest & legally have to look out for my safety, duty of care, so they need to ensure I get this rest, thus ensuring I am home before 21:00...would that be correct ?

Unfortunately covert tracking or recording is not illegal at work, it has to be authorised at the highest level (for instance director level) & must only be done with good valid reason.

Last, very interesting, if we all contacted all cctv operators that have recordings of us, how long would it take for all the camera's to be removed due to time/cost of complying and giving us all copies of these recordings. Even if they charge a small fee for this service man hour's alone would make cctv redundent, Surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer.Guy View Post

If you pay for private use based on tracker miles and remove the tracker for private use, it's fraud. If you've declared no private use it's also an HMRC offence.
    Another valid point from a legal aspect

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post

Me? well I signed for no private use and that's how I use the van. Timesheets filled out correctly so I don't need to worry about fiddling the boss.
    I like the sound of this (another plus to the many minuses) as I do not really need private use of a company vehicle & I take it the tracker records can be used to ensure van tax payments are not required ?

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    Just a thought, there are cellular blockers on the market and even the most sophisticated tracker is basicly a cell phone so every small blocker will stop them from sending info....
    A very good technical point, I wonder if they are legal in the uk

Data protection doesn't apply.

There's no law requiring the employer to notify you.
    Hired vans quite often have tracker fitted, but the employer won't have immediate access to it.
    I know what you’re saying, and I'm not challenging it but I have the following thoughts as I do believe it’s a legal grey area regarding data protection.

I would have thought that if the van is being driven it needs a driver, so therefore the van and the actions of the driver are being monitored. If the van is not being driven and parked up then only the van is being monitored. By the same token the van needs to be taxed, mot'd, insured, and driven safely, because if it isn't it’s the driver and the owner that gets done if the vehicle is not in compliance. So if the driver is accused of fiddling their timesheet and action is being taken against them and the monitored data of the van is being used as proof, then surely it’s the driver that has been monitored and not the van. And therefore the data being held is being used against the driver of the van and not the van.

If its not law for the employer to notify you and you find the vehicle has one fitted, what action can the employer take against you if you do decide to remove it or unplug it at any time including work time? I myself would just simply be as deceitful as them and deny any such action and ask them to prove that I've removed a device I didn't know was there in the first place, after all it probably wouldn't have been signed for anyway. If they start declaring invoices, installation dates, and using previous tracking data, then the rest of the employees would find out anyway and they would probably question the management ethics regarding trust. And then if they were that road out, they just might start crying the data protection act.

One of the engineers where I work had to request a detail of the recorded data to prove to the police that he and his van were not any where near a scene of a ram raid. It proved that a cloned sign written van had been used for the crime along with other ones, the police believed that it was due to lower the risk of question of it being parked prior near the scene of the crime on a regular basis. As the firm where I work frequents that particular street on a regular basis along with other vans from different firms. The police actually contacted the firm first, and he had to permit the company to release the data, they could have just simply applied for a warrant from the magistrate to retrieve it, but I suppose they have to follow legal protocol before it comes to that.

With regards to hire vans having them fitted it’s the first I've heard, and why would they have them fitted anyway? Surely it’s an unnecessary overhead for a competitive business with no financial advantage or benefit. Once again I'm not challenging what you've have said in your post, but I do believe that trackers are a legal grey area that can be challenged regarding their principal of use with careful consideration. And I also believe that the potentially deceitful circle of their use will close slowly due to that grey area.
    Last edited by chilliwilly; 13-08-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: missing text

If its not law for the employer to notify you and you find the vehicle has one fitted, what action can the employer take against you if you do decide to remove it or unplug it at any time including work time?.
    Hi chilly

just to clarify how I am led to believe it works

The company have to have good reason to track you covertly ie. suspect fiddling

This then has to be authorised at the highest level within the company, at minimum, owner, director or national manager.

It is not legal to covert track an employee from day one full stop & in effect the company can not even really question you about any removed or damaged tracker, unless they wish to admit illegal tracking, which as you or another member said would also undermine the moral of the entire workforce. As it did when we all found our trackers !

I recall reading at the time of two employees who were booking all weekend working when in effect they had already completed the work in the week. The manager/owner had been covertly tracking them from day one and called them in and fired them both on the spot. They took the company to court and won. They got there jobs back! Were paid full back pay from the date of sacking to re-employment & even got paid for the weekend! which was proven by the tracker they had not. I even told my manager about this incident I had read and enjoyed watching him sqirm as the facts unfolded.

In my case all they dared do was keep asking where I was as they thought I was at home all the time because of tracker system telling them thats where the vehicle was. This only stopped when I had to attend the office to collect parts.

Covert tracking is not good & I am with you should be illegal wether there is good reason or not

If it is fitted with good reason, the only effect it would have on the workforce would be to open there eyes to the fact it can be done & may put off any future fiddling. Think of it like this, if you knew someone was taking the right micky you would not be surprised if they fit a tracker & catch them would you?
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 14-08-2011 at 02:47 AM.

In all fairness to invasion of personal privacy, one must not forget: 1) The vehicles are owned or controlled by your employer and he has a right to keep track of his property. 2) When a customer questions the employer about when the technician arrived/departed, a liar's contest on billed time is avoided. 3) Often, a certain technician will moonlight using the company's vehicle, which is usually prohibited. This is good tool for theft of the vehicle and can assist in locating. Anyone care to add?

Employers have a duty of care to it's employees. If there was an accident the employee could argue he was asked to do excessive hours/mileage. The tracker data will show the court how the employee operates the vehicle and the court would decide if that was excessive.

Those who disconnect trackers (I have yet to see any evidence past "I heard of someone" ) could be considered a disciplinary offence as tampering with company property. I wonder what employees would think if the boss nipped into their house took their car keys and said "I'm just borrowing your car for the weekend"

It is like office staff nicking stationary, somehow it's a guilt free crime. It's not. It's stealing and they have no right to get shirty when the boss catches them

Our vans had trackers on for 3 years. The contract ended and I didn't renew it. Not once in those 3 years did an engineer try to tamper with it or moan about trackers. I did once email warn an engineer for driving at 85mph down the M4 which a comes under a DOC . He loses his license, and we lose an engineer.....I also used it against customer who complained the engineer was "only there a hour" when the tracker showed he was there for 3.

I would also use it so see who was closest as service work is fluid and this instant data is vital both for the company and more importantly the customer.

Ironically engineers get the boss they deserve.

A good friend who has 15 engineers out on the road once said to me "I don't run a HVAC company: I child mind adults"

the speed the vehicle is always higher than the tracker speed, so if it says your doing 80mph ur probably doing 85!
    the engineers tracker that stated he was on site for 3 hrs,might only do 1 hr on site and 2 shopping/sleeping/extended dinner.there are pros and cons to trackers they can work in ur favour.just dont put ur keys in ur ignition when ur colouring in or playing solitare on ur phone,and the mountain bike in the back is for emergencies !

Quote Originally Posted by texas64 View Post
    In all fairness to invasion of personal privacy, one must not forget: 1) The vehicles are owned or controlled by your employer and he has a right to keep track of his property. 2) When a customer questions the employer about when the technician arrived/departed, a liar's contest on billed time is avoided. 3) Often, a certain technician will moonlight using the company's vehicle, which is usually prohibited. This is good tool for theft of the vehicle and can assist in locating. Anyone care to add?
    I don't entirely dissagree with the concept of trackers, company property does need to looked after and protected, as it is so expensive. But its the disshonesty and mistrust that surrounds them, and the feeble excuses and reasons the management give for fitting them. It makes a manager who is transparently out for himself and not for the company, to be mistrusted and unnaproachable about improvements and other work ethics.

We were told some years ago that they were getting fitted, and that caused a low morale within the engineering side of the company. As back then the company was probably the best I had ever worked at, where as now its just another job at another firm.

The company I work for know that I have my own little carry on in my own time, but as its not directly or indirectly in conflict with their line of business. They are not interested in what I do or when I do it, as long as I put around a tenner a week in the van to cover what little mileage I do in it, nothing as ever been said. I also have my own van which I also use on a regular basis.

As for the theft of the vehicle I am cynical about the tracking of a stolen vehicle. Most proffesional theives would more than likely stick a lightening generator inside it as they are towing it away, or one of the other jammers that we hear so much about. In turn making the tracker useless. I've often wondered if a theif was to totaly cloak the van with a non ferrous blanket causing a Faraday cage effect whilst their towing it on a trailer, or whilst their removing the tracker and throwing it out on the road whilst its signaling trouble to the monitoring station.

When I worked for myself and I used to advertise, I was cold called quite often. And every time a tracker company called me, their selling point was "We can save you money regarding your employees". So whenever I hear about trackers on vehicles, disstrust always comes to mind, and not the potential benefit of vehicle security as the management would like you to beleive.

First the company could in effect pass these details to police if you have been speeding accidently, down hill for instance & an accumalation of this could mean licence loss, it's possible !
    Tracker evidence can't be soley used against you in a Court for a conviction, it's not Home Office type approved for speed detection.
    It could be used along with other evidence, for example if members of the public said you were speeding just before you killed someone, then it could be used to confirm, or as has been said to show that you weren't speeding or weren't even there.

Removal from the vehicle could be classed as damage to company property even if the tracker wasn't actually damaged, you have damaged the system.

You couldn't be sacked purely on the evidence of tracker for timekeeping, a Tribunal would find against the employer unless they could prove they had other information i.e customer statements or sign in records.

Some hire vans have tracker as they often go missing and some employers want to continue tracking even when hire vans/cars are used.

Quote Originally Posted by texas64 View Post
    2) When a customer questions the employer about when the technician arrived/departed, a liar's contest on billed time is avoided. Anyone care to add?
    Hmm! I like this one, as some customers are not the end users

The end user often just leases the space/office from the customer or an fm company may run the site but do not man the site 24/7

constructive use

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    Employers have a duty of care to it's employees.

A good friend who has 15 engineers out on the road once said to me "I don't run a HVAC company: I child mind adults"
    haha! that old flannel again

It's often used to run trackers or call the site an engineer is on with "I can't seem to get an answer from my engineers phone, can you check on them for me?"

If employers really gave a hoot about DOC, then none of us would be taking out of hour calls especially in the middle of the night.

They would be running it like utc advised one of its arms of our business, where they advised to dealers its better, that either you have an engineer permantly on night shift to cover calls or when an engineers call out week comes round they do the graveyard shift and have the daytime free.

Hmm, child mind/15 engineers = food 4 thought

.there are pros and cons to trackers they can work in ur favour. mountain bike in the back is for emergencies !
    Pro's & con's - it's starting to appear so

Mountain bike - nice touch for when jobs complete - at least you can find a cafe instead of sitting there scratching your nuts, clock watching

I don't entirely dissagree with the concept of trackers, company property does need to looked after and protected, as it is so expensive. But its the disshonesty and mistrust that surrounds them, and the feeble excuses and reasons the management give for fitting them. .
    Seems tobe a repetative view - managers may like to take note & address the way they approach trackers in the future

Tracker evidence can't be soley used against you in a Court for a conviction, it's not Home Office type approved for speed detection.
    It could be used along with other evidence, for example if members of the public said you were speeding just before you killed someone, then it could be used to confirm, or as has been said to show that you weren't speeding or weren't even there.

You couldn't be sacked purely on the evidence of tracker for timekeeping, a Tribunal would find against the employer unless they could prove they had other information i.e customer statements or sign in records.

Some hire vans have tracker as they often go missing and some employers want to continue tracking even when hire vans/cars are used.
    Argh! the legal pro's & con's - drivers with trackers really need to keep to the limits

Upon speaking to a friend that manages a vehicle hire depot, there trackers are not data trackers they are the theft style that have to be activated when a theft occurs, may be different with other hirer's though

haha! that old flannel again

It's often used to run trackers or call the site an engineer is on with "I can't seem to get an answer from my engineers phone, can you check on them for me?"

If employers really gave a hoot about DOC, then none of us would be taking out of hour calls especially in the middle of the night.

They would be running it like utc advised one of its arms of our business, where they advised to dealers its better, that either you have an engineer permantly on night shift to cover calls or when an engineers call out week comes round they do the graveyard shift and have the daytime free.

Hmm, child mind/15 engineers = food 4 thought
    If you make it into management come back after a year and tell us how wonderful all the engineers are...

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    If you make it into management come back after a year and tell us how wonderful all the engineers are...
    been there got the hat - did not like it - no thanks to your buddy

what about h20 or you just gonna b**ch all day

Upon speaking to a friend that manages a vehicle hire depot, there trackers are not data trackers they are the theft style that have to be activated when a theft occurs, may be different with other hirer's though
    Another myth I shall attempt to squash then, I'd been led to believe, but have no proof, that some hire vehicles have data trackers.

They'd also be usefull if drivers of hired vehicles denied being somewhere a speeding / camera /parking fine had been imposed on the hired vehicle.

Just for reference, I do drive a tracked van but still get calls asking where I am and what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Spencer.Guy; 14-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Another myth I shall attempt to squash then, I'd been led to believe, but have no proof, that some hire vehicles have data trackers.

They'd also be usefull if drivers of hired vehicles denied being somewhere a speeding / camera /parking fine had been imposed on the hired vehicle.

Just for reference, I do drive a tracked van but still get calls asking where I am and what I'm doing.
    Point taken, makes good sense, cheers

it seems by reading this post and many other posts on here about trackers, that people only worry about them because thay cant swindle their hours, or there wherabouts, which is exactly why employers have them!! if the boot was on the other foot and someone was taking/stealing your money and fuel you would wana know about it!!

perks of the job have gone,except for filling a 5ltr container of diesel and flogging it to taxi drivers!! oops my bad!!

Was told once before that trackers are illegal is Australia, because its against human rights(in Aus!).

If your paying tax to use the company vehicle for private use, why should some office gossip get to see where you spend your spare time?.

park ur van outside ur bosses house when he's out of town.watch them gossip then! but find another job because no doubt youve well marked ur card!

this is quite interesting but one of the major things all you guys are missing is fact they can now track yr company phones maybe not as accuratly as the vehicles but with the new 3g phones now with the inbuilt satnav they can and there are web sites that you can go on put in phone serial no and track it for a small fee feel free to google it so van trackers are extinct yr company phones wot ya wanna worry bout now as its always with you oh and if ya have a vodafone mobile it tells the caller if its switched off lol unless of course u put it in a foil lined pringle tube plain is best as phone can smell after a bit lmao

divert ur phone to your personal mobile and leave the works moby in the van then theyre paying for 2 tracking devices in the same place,tell ur boss the phone is ****e,he cannot query the work as you have a signed jobsheet,there are ways and means

Quote Originally Posted by simon@parker View Post
    this is quite interesting but one of the major things all you guys are missing is fact they can now track yr company phones maybe not as accuratly as the vehicles but with the new 3g phones now with the inbuilt satnav they can and there are web sites that you can go on put in phone serial no and track it for a small fee feel free to google it so van trackers are extinct yr company phones wot ya wanna worry bout now as its always with you oh and if ya have a vodafone mobile it tells the caller if its switched off lol unless of course u put it in a foil lined pringle tube plain is best as phone can smell after a bit lmao
    Your so Right Simon

I use an old 2g phone that I put the company sim card in

well you can track a 2g phone as well its the sim they track ya only need the serial number off sim lol loads of wives track there hubbies to find out if there playin away lmao

well you can track a 2g phone as well its the sim they track ya only need the serial number off sim lol loads of wives track there hubbies to find out if there playin away lmao
    time to dig out the pagers or start doing 1471 from payphones-not that ive got loads of wifes just a load of 1 wife,and with her quizzing me "what time u back"

here was a tracker package on sale few yrs back where u sowed it into yr kids coat so u always knew where they were cost bout a tenner lasted bout 6 months best check yr clothing an van for one of them lmao

gonna go to maplins and buy a metal detector and check myself! best do it in the bathroom ! my boss is really crafty!!

I had to use this service for a year or so as my daughter was dissapearing for nights at a time, a 3g phone will track to street level, a 2g sim will only track to a much larger area, it basically tracks to the first few letters/digits of a postcode and will show up that you are actually in a slightly different area to your real location depending on where the mast is that it is currently communicating with

The easiest option though is just drop the battery from the phone & just replace it when you need to use it or want to receive calls !

Covert tracking of mobile phones is actually illegal in the uk, and only a couple of the tracking providers will not carry out there obligation under communication laws to radomly send messages to the phone being tracked to ensure the user is aware the phone is being tracked.

There are also programmes that work on smart phones or the phones can be purchased with the software already installed , where you can assign a mobile/landline number to the software and then when you ring the phone from that number the phone will automatically answer without ringing or lighting up, thus allowing you to listen in to any conversation in its vacinaty.

Also the software allows a full list of incoming/out going calls & texts to be uploaded to the user interface which you access via the internet.

I found so much high tech covert tracking & spying equipment available its quite a shock

the latest covert vehicle tracker available can be fitted to the underside of a vehicle via its high powered magnets or for extra security cable ties, which is a real overkill as the twin magnet units are really hard to remove once installed, & do not need a clear line of site to satelites like older versions did.

http://www.eyetek.co.uk/

This is a highly recommended supplyer that has been running for a number of years and what they dont stock they can easily aquire for you

so you know how it all works then and it only requires a small amount of shielding to make it useless foil tape is damned good lol or popping it in a microwave turned off at plug of course lol bet u even got a detector as well lmao if ya like me you love yr gadgets

so you know how it all works then and it only requires a small amount of shielding to make it useless foil tape is damned good lol or popping it in a microwave turned off at plug of course lol bet u even got a detector as well lmao if ya like me you love yr gadgets
    so can you track a horse and her mates??

yes if ya pop a tacker in her saddle bags with a listening device lol or go whole hog an stick a covert camera to her lmao

horse/moose cam! would the output frequency be around 21htz-about the same as a radio controlled car??? best bet is to keep them chained to the sink,and only let them out to cut the grass.

So in summary......

Trackers good or bad?

Cant see the problem if you have nothing to hide?

for a company counting the pennies,they a handy piece of kit to maximise efficeincy in improving response times,from an engineers point they are a pain in the ar*e as its another office tool that when your half way through a compressor change and the office ask you to attend another job " because your the nearest" doesnt always go down to well
    Quote Originally Posted by Clk320_Greg View Post
    So in summary......

Trackers good or bad?

Cant see the problem if you have nothing to hide?

saves you having to have service controlers with brains who cant read a map and put a pin init lmao and you dont have to answer yr phone its a tool leave it in yr tool box till you need it

Covert tracking of mobile phones is actually illegal in the uk, and only a couple of the tracking providers will not carry out there obligation under communication laws to radomly send messages to the phone being tracked to ensure the user is aware the phone is being tracked.
    Directors and managers used to do that back in the late eighties/early nineties on internal telephones, with the introduction of digital phone systems. I think it was called directors conferencing, it was made illegal shortly after due to the changes in legislation. When I worked in maintenance in factories some years ago, we always used to keep the workshop phone in a cupboard or had the radio playing near to it. Because we suspected the management were still using the system, occasionally we would take it out of the cupboard or turn the radio down, and start a bullsh!t conversation in such a manner, that we knew that we would get a reaction from the management. This was to prove a point that the system was still being used despite it being illegal, but only for our own amusement.

Eventually the management finally realised that there were nothing to gain by using it, and they actually put a message on the message board to announce that no such practice was or had ever taken place. But we still kept the phone in the cupboard or the radio playing near it. I saw an engineer who I was at college with, who came to site to upgrade the security systems. I asked him if he had fit any covert equipment any where, he said that he couldn't divulge any information due to customer confidentiality, but asked me to walk round with him to show him where the dist boards were to pick up suitable power supplies for the new cameras.

Whilst walking round with him he told me about the latest covert systems that he sometimes now fits in the workplace. Some of them I was aware of, some took me by surprise. After we had finished walking round I knew that he had fit some covert equipment and where to find it. When I looked around the factory whilst doing my duties, I noticed extra pirs and smoke detectors in what could be classed as vulnerable areas at risk from gross theft and malicious damage from burglars and vandals, I couldn't see any reason for the extra PIRs and smoke detectors, as the area was already covered. I waited until I was on the night shift, and managed to trace the wiring from the extra equipment back to a switcher unit and vcr in the computer suite which was always locked.

After informing the union and certain workers of what I had found, the behaviour of certain personnel changed when they were in these newly surveillanced areas to somewhat comical and obscene behaviour and gestures. When they were approached by the management about this, the certain members of the personnel just simply said prove it. The management were forced to eat humble pie and admit that covert devices had been installed; otherwise they would have been guilty of victimisation. Eventually they were removed by me and the rest of the maintenance. Surprisingly they had them installed in the entrance of the toilets and canteens inside exit signs and light fittings. There was even one on number 6 of the clock machine facing up at an angle to whomever was clocking. Talk about distrust with a set of hard working lads and lasses. There were more theft with office stationary, but no devices in the office whatsoever. And no theft on the shop floor because it wasn't worth anything to anyone unless you had that kind of factory.

had a look on amazon they sell trackers most expensive bout 200 quid cheapest 40 they use a sim card perhaps you might wanna track yr self and prove yr position ? in case yr boss tries it on they also do a bugging device for 7 quid and u phone it from yr mobile can listen to yr misses while yr at work and no wot she sayin bout ya lmao or in CM case he can put it in his stable to hear his donkey lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast