Flu virus anyone?

I have a bad case of the flu and can't remember the last time it was this this intense!! I'm trying several recommendations from locals who have had this bug, but i'm not prepared to sit around and wait it out for 3 to 4 weeks. I'm only 4 days into this and making an appointment with family doctor is pointless as they just feed you antibiotics. Just wondering what your recommendations are? As these bugs can travel anywhere in the world within 24 hours, chances are, it could be soon landing at an airport near you! Thoughts anyone??

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Re: Flu virus anyone?

Mummy said I should always play nicely and learn to share,

Well I dont care,

I dont wanna play with you cause I dont wanna share what you got

Just beechams lemsip Mate, with plenty of sugar and when I am well enough to get out the door, I carry the lemsip instants that dissolve on the tongue - taste horrid though
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Hi Mike,
    the great advantage of working with ammonia IS no bugs or flu stuff, haven't had it for decades. A snoty nose and I find or create an ammonia leak, problem solved

When I get something like that (very rare and not for along period) during the day I suck down heaps fresh, oranges, tangerines, satsumers (get my drift) and at night a hot toody "whiskey, sugar, asprin and boiling hot water" drink while is steaming hot. (get the wife to give you a blow job, well not really but worth a try!)

Ahh..., so CM.2006 is not the sharing type. I don't want to share myself with this bug either, but c'est la vie..Lemsip, i have heard of..Magoo, I wouldn't be so confident about not catching this parasite as i was blabbing to someone a few weeks ago how i'd missed the dribbly nose event this year, see... It turned around and bit me! Ammonia? Think i'd like to keep breathing thanks. Mad, Mad, Mad, what can i say!.. i've got the garlic, COQ-10, zinc and C tabs + Panadeine with codene 8mg. Btw, beer or spirits just doesn't cut it for me unfortunately. The nicely chilled beers are going to have to wait.. mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi Mike
    When I get a cold I use sudafed (night & day) and swear by it. You must take the whole packet I'm told by my doctor. The flu (influenza) I have only had once in my life and really thought I was going to die. I also like to use soothers menthol and euclaliptis for the throat and runny nose. Plenty of rest and fluids, avoid meat and reduce smoking if you do. I normally get a cold when cleaning lots of filters funnily enough.
    Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Ahh..., so CM.2006 is not the sharing type. I don't want to share myself with this bug either, but c'est la vie..Lemsip, .
    pic attached mate

hope you feeling better
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !