braza86 Guest

engineers contracts

I am new to refrigeration and am wondering what the best contracts out there are? I was hoping people could answer a few questions for me about the companies they work for?

1) what is the basic of your company at the moment? And for what shift/hrs does that require?
    2) does your company pay door to door or is it from log on at first site and log out at last site?
    3) is overtime regularly available? would you stay at a company if you had zero overtime?
    4) who would you say offer the best contract at the moment based on shifts and pay?

Cheers,
    Braza

fridgemaker23 Guest

Re: engineers contracts

I know this is an old post, but I will try and answer some of your questions. If you are in business and looking for contracts, you will most likely invoice this work. It will require you to determine if there is overtime, but you will be paying your guys for this. It will be important for you determine the time and attendance policies you want to implement. The contract will be for a dollar amount. This means that you will want to monitor this closely as it will directly affect your profit margin.

With that said, you want to get into contracts that are with large companies with several locations. This will keep the money flowing in and keep your guys busy.

Mod's edit - unwanted URL removed
    Last edited by Argus; 29-10-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Mod's edit - unwanted URL removed

Re: engineers contracts

In our business we do contractual with our engineers. We pay them, based on their service rendered. So we schedule appointments and call our engineers but if they are unavailable we have sub engineers that will do the job. Its much easier that way.