Why use Leak Detection services ?

Hi Everyone,

Please share all thoughts to know about usage of leak detection services and benefits of them.

Thanks

Re: Why use Leak Detection services ?

Do you mean the use of leak detection systems that are installed or others to leak check for yourself?
    Not heard of that before!
    Grizzly
    F Gas requires fixed detection systems on systems of 300kg or above.
    Grizzly

Why use them? Because you in the UK and also the rest of Europe have to find first the leak before your charge new refrigerant.
    Benefits? That's obvious for everybody I guess.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Never heard of a "leak detection service" leak detection is a critical part of any service engineers job.

Automatic leak detection systems are really useful - as long as they are maintained! - Usefull not just when required by law, but also when you have refrigeration plant in poorly ventillated or below ground plant rooms. Far better to have an alarm than run out of air...

Hi maire,
    are you discussing thermal imaging leak detection as in thermal losses etc., with regard to cold stores. If you are the concept is very useful for establishing unseen added refrigeration loads, and wasted energy costs.
    If you have an IPhone there are APPs available that can do the same thing while walking around.

Wow!
    Hi Magoo, thermal imaging apps on I phone.
    I have not heard of that one before.
    Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Wow!
    Hi Magoo, thermal imaging apps on I phone.
    I have not heard of that one before.
    Grizzly
    Ditto, me niether, will have to look into that as the fluke camera I wanted turned out to be £16,000

The APPS for iPhone only give the effect of thermal imaging - the camera itself does not "see" infra-red well enough to differentiate temperatures (all camera sensors have filters fitted to block IR as it otherwise screws up exposure levels)

It is possible to remove the IR filter from many camera sensors, this will allow some degree of night vision, but NOT true thermal imaging, The sensors just don't work that way - different temperatures = different frequency of IR, camera sensors measure light levels, not specific frequency

Quote Originally Posted by Plank! View Post
    The APPS for iPhone only give the effect of thermal imaging - the camera itself does not "see" infra-red well enough to differentiate temperatures (all camera sensors have filters fitted to block IR as it otherwise screws up exposure levels)

It is possible to remove the IR filter from many camera sensors, this will allow some degree of night vision, but NOT true thermal imaging, The sensors just don't work that way - different temperatures = different frequency of IR, camera sensors measure light levels, not specific frequency
    Nice tech info Plank

I did not bother looking as it was obvious it was just a gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Hi maire,
    are you discussing thermal imaging leak detection as in thermal losses etc., with regard to cold stores. If you are the concept is very useful for establishing unseen added refrigeration loads, and wasted energy costs.
    If you have an IPhone there are APPs available that can do the same thing while walking around.

Hi Magoo,
    I'm sorry. I have not explained my subject very well. I want to discuss about water leak detection services in the individual's home or workplace. As percentage of water in the environment is depleting day by day and one of the main reason behind it is the wrong use of water by the human beings. People can avoid this wastage to some extent by detecting the leaks in the water pipes etc.

Please put your suggestions on this and in what ways these services can be proved boon to the environment.

Thanks
    Maire

Hi Maire,

Ithink it would be best if you put that question to experts in water usage monitoring, or maybe the environment agency?. Because we are just refrigeration techs/engineers, don't think many people on here know much about detecting water leaks along pipework in a whole building.
    There are fixed water leak detection systems out there in server rooms and the sort in commercial buildings, but those are for safety not monitoring.
    But you can get almost all the answers relating to refrigeration and air conditioning and controls in this forum, as it is our speciality.
    Good luck with it though, sounds like a very interesting project
    fridge

Thanks to all you guys for your kind and helpful support..... I think that this conversation will not only help me but also the other aspiring candidates who wants to go in the field of plumbing or water leak detection services......

Your wasting your time trying to advertise here for free, as we are engineers & dont care for buying, its just ring your office give make, model & part description & hey presto, up pops the parts either at the office or on site

Knock yourself out with your bull***t questions, as we are wise to this now !

Covert Advertising ....... you've been rumbled

If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !