R22 tev/txv obselete!!!

Called in the wholesalers to get a new tex2, they didn't have one in stock and when they checked on the computer and it said not to re order any new ones

They had 60 in the main wharehouse but it seems once they are sold that will be it.

Might be worth stocking up if you use these regularily.

Jon

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: R22 tev/txv obselete!!!

out of interest which wholesaler was it. Did notice something the other day though, R22 and R407 valves used to be different, Danfoss now show on the boxes that their r22 valve also do R407 with the same valve. I know pressures and glide about the same but wonder why when originally they had different valves they now say one will do ?

It was FSW but called in at Climate too as needed to order a comp and i think it may be a similar situation there too, as they had no date on the computer for when the next delivery would be in after current stock was used up.

Jon

Jon,
    you should not have any problem whatever TXV you use.
    Only different is the gas in the bulb. I have tried several TXV's for r22 and they work fine.
    I don't believe the capacity will change more than 5% and that can be set by tuning the TXV.

Cheers Chemi,

The one i ordered came in today and was labeled as being for R22/R407C instead of just R22 as before so i expect all it will be is that it will have a different part number, but the valve will still be available.

Jon