GeeD Guest

Hotpoint FFA71 Not Freezing - Help !!

Hi,
    I have a 6 yr old Hotpoint FFA71, freezer does not freeze and fridge does chill slightly. The compressor runs continually and the red light for freezer defrost is lit all the time.

The fan behind the plastic panel inside the freezer does not rotate any time I have looked. When should it rotate ?

The lines coming out from the compressor does go cold and the return line warms up, so there is some refridgeration effect happening.

I am in Scotland, near Falkirk. Any recommended service companies for Hotpoint F/F ?

I don't want to spend £100 for a re-gas if it's not going to fix it. I noticed web based company repaircare dot co.dot uk do a fixed price of £119 inc vat for a call out/repair/parts all inclusive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

cassbrods Guest

Re: Hotpoint FFA71 Not Freezing - Help !!

hi mate I,m having same problem with a FFA MODEL, spimps on this site recommends wiring the fan into same supply as compressor on pcb at top of unit, apparently the fan is controlled by an evap probe and doesnt kick in until evap is below -12, going to try this myself over the weekend.

Re: Hotpoint FFA71 Not Freezing - Help !!

Sounds like you have a refigerant loss,the fan won't start until it senses evaporaor temp at -14c ish,the condenser undrneath can become badly blocked by dust etc,take off plinth and if you are faced with a load of fluff clean with a vacuum.
    If no better it's engineer time !
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein