morgue chiller not cold enough

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Re: morgue chiller not cold enough

Hi Mikeref.
    that has to be a classic. Very white dark people running to the hills. Good the undertaker didn't start the body draining procedure. That would of got right the wrong end of the sleeping gent.

haha good find!! i have to work in a mortuary sometimes and they are freaky enough to look at as it is! if someone jumped up like that i'd have an actual heart attack on the spot!! at least id be in the right place tho lol

Have to wonder, if the chiller was running correct temperature than how is it this person did not die from exposure?? Core body temperature does not have to drop much to become lethal. Yeh, guess the workers there will be looking for another job now, too scared to go back..Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

i thought that mikeref morgs run at 0 to minus 1 an funeral parlours at 8 ish even 2hrs for someone sleeping would be lethal personally i would prob have laughed used to do funneral parlours at one company no one else would do em lol rather do them than get called to fix a prison cooler

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Once heard a story, possibly on here of an engineer sending his apprentice out to the van for a 12" shifter while working in a morgue, while the apprentice was away the engineer thought it would be a good idea to lie on a trolley with a sheet over himself, when the apprentice came back he sat up to scare the apprentice who shat himself and whacked the engineer accross the head with the shifter knocking him out and ending up in hospital for a week

Being a state mortuary in a rural area I doubt the cooling works very well, if at all ( PWD stands for Please Wait Department mostly) and the cooling would be spotty, if not mostly from it being a cold winter. Also here bodies are not embalmed, you are placed in a wooden (or cardboard in some cases, or share a crate in state paid funerals) coffin and buried after the family pays for the release. All you need is a variation on a meat cooler, to keep things from going too bad before the ceremony, though there have been way too many cases of mix ups and not being able to have an open casket service due to faulty, old and poorly maintained equipment.