Smile Carpigiani Super Uno Problem

Hi All,

I bought the top half of a Carpigiani Super Uno ice cream machine to replace my Carp Van 1 in a ice cream van and a new bock compressor.
    Inside the top of my machine i have two Blue Coils units on top of valves, one is for the hopper and one for the beater.If i connect these two to the compressor , the hopper freezes and the beater very little and not enough to make ice cream. If i disconnect the coil going to the hopper i have no problem but the mix then is not cold in the hopper.
    There is a dial on the side which goes into the hopper so i think this controls the temperature but im not sure if this is working, so i dont know if this is the problem.
    I turned the valve which controls the gas into the machine but this seems to just make the compressor go white.
    There are no temp control dials on top of the coils so im stuck on how to have them both wired up.
    Im not in the UK and there are not many guys here who work on ice cream machines, please help and many thanks.

Re: Carpigiani Super Uno Problem

Hi Superwhip
    I repaired one of these last week on a icecream van
    one blue selonid coil controls the refrigerant to the mixer which is controled from the micro switch on the rear frame which is pushed on by the mixer shaft, this adjusts the icecream thickness.

the other blue selonid coil controls the refrigerant to the hopper which is controled by a thermostat on the side of the hopper, this is the holding temperature of the mix in the hopper.
    good luck
    FIXIT............first time every time

Thanks fixit,

Should the two blue solanoids be exactly the same ? They look the same but wondered if there is a diffence in what gas they produce.
    Also how would i test if the thermostat on the side of the hopper is working as it has a wire that goed into the foam, im thinking this maybe not working and is stuck on high.

Many thanks.

Hi superwhip
    The blue selonids are the same and allow the same refrigerant in the system to pass. when the thermostat on the hopper is working it should cut the power to the hopper selonid, if not then replace it.
    FIXIT............first time every time

Thanks fixit,

Ill be onto it this week,

Cheers.

Hi Superwhip.
    check your notifications box

Just a update on the machine.Couldnt get the thermostat to work so i wired a separate switch to the front of the machine for the hopper as i believe you do in the UK.
    I opened the valve to let more gas in and turned the solanoid swich in half a turn and the mix is running magic and keeps up no problem, good stuff.