Thread: Daikin E7 fault

Daikin E7 fault

I know that something other than Overload or Overcurrent of the outdoor fan motor can generate a E7 fault but I forgot what. As far as I remember, it's not written in the manuals.
    Someone can help me?

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Re: Daikin E7 fault

Hi Peter.

A Faulty PCB can cause it also.

Hi Peter in the UK we have a number you text the fault code to which sends the description just sent E7 code to it and this is what came back.
    E7 MALFUNCTION OF OUTDOOR FAN MOTOR/MALFUNCTION OF FAN MOTOR/HARNESS CONECTOR BETWEEN FAN MOTOR & PC BOARD DISCONNECTED OR FAULTY CONNECTOR.
    number from the uk is 07797801908 you just send the 2 digit fault code and you get a reply more or less straight away.

Thanks already for the advice: I know I had it some time ago and I had to try first something else before you could decide if it was the outdoor fan motor or that other malfunction...

James 10, that's a good one, I use a pdf chart from Daikin with on one side all the fault codes on it and the other side the description how to find the fault codes on the different remote controllers.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I had E7 today with new VRV III-S, found L1 phase open within outdoor isolator. Electrician repaired it and away it went! Hope this helps.