Katiegym88 Guest

Angry Need help understanding gym a/c explanation

Hi,

I recently contacted my gym manager asking if the gym a/c was working ok as it felt a lot warmer than usual. I used to be able to feel the chill now I'm cutting short my workout as I get too hot. He emailed me this explanation which I don't really get. Isn't a/c supposed to cool a room regardless of how hot it is out?
    "The air con is working very well at present. The main reason for the warmer temperature’s is generally due to the location of the air con units. The room that they are housed in sit on the west side of the building, so during hot or humid days the unit is pulling in warmer air and pushing it out the other side. On our colder days it is much cooler, although we have not adjusted our air con temperature gauges. If we lower the temperature on the warmer days, the units will freeze and we will loose all air con, making the gym even warmer than what it is currently. So I know some days feel a little warmer, however to keep the air flow moving we need to look after our units."

Does this sound right? Just want to check they're not just trying to save money at my expense!!

Re: Need help understanding gym a/c explanation

Sounds like filters need cleaning if coils are frosting up. Probably stopped the maintenance contract. Gyms need lots of fresh air as well due to sweating and the like [ BO ]. Make sure the outside air filters are clean as well. Possibly just using full outside air to save electricity costs.

Re: Need help understanding gym a/c explanation

If we lower the temperature on the warmer days, the units will ..
    not stay long, because either, as said Magoo, not looked after properly on the ground of economy, or rather, because undersized.