Who remembers these?

Found these really old Teddington expansion valves on a tank today, i'm guessing they must be over 40 years old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1vBYwHzyo

Jon

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: Who remembers these?

I remember that valve , cant remember if that is an Alfa Laval Tank or a Fulwood though. That was in 1973 or thereabouts.

I don't see many Alfa Laval tanks anymore!

I've seen a few really odd looking valves on tanks over the years, one Woods tank had a valve with four connections in a H pattern, liquid line ran straight through it and the suction line came back through opposite so i guess it was an externally equalised valve but it was done internally if that makes sense!

And on a Desco tank where the pipes went in underneath i found a really complicated looking one that had failed.

Wish i'd kept them now just for interest
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Hi Jon, sometimes i still run across machinery from yesteryear. Haven't seen a Teddington valve for some years now but last week, i was replacing a condensing unit on a small coldroom, and the origional unit had a Kelvinator S1010G sealed compressor on board. Chances are that you would have never heard of these, but they were in use long before i started chasing girls.. Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi Mike
    I remember the old Kelvinator compressors, both the seal units and the open drives. They were all good and ran for ages and were pretty well bullet proof, not like the stuff you get today.
    Jon, haven't seen old TXv's like that for a long time, they did last a long time.
    Regards
    Paul

PaulZ, How's things down south? This time of the year, you could smell penguin in the arctic breeze. Good old Kelvinator compressors, remember the pancakes 1/4 and 1/3 HP in domestics, or H42, K62, the two types of 72's and T82 open drives? Thinking of bringing back the S1010G and sealing it up, giving it a coat of origional blue paint and sending it off to local museum..Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi Mike
    It's still cold down here not like your part of the country, mid 20's umm not sure why I left Qld all those years ago.
    There are still a few Kel 72 and 82 comps out there still going, we still have a few bits and pieces left in our store.
    Paul