oil replacement time

If you had a new 410A scroll, sitting on the shelf for 3 months and air was allowed in (someone left a plug off), would you change the oil just before use? I know POE loves to absorb moisture and a vacuum won't remove it.

Re: oil replacement time

Yeh i would change the oil. Would also be concerned about any bugs or ants and rust inside. Anything of value that was left open here would soon be occupied by a Hornet nest, usually made from mud... I see you know how long it was left open for so maybe s-o-m-e-o-n-e named Mike slipped up eh?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Yeh i would change the oil. Would also be concerned about any bugs or ants and rust inside. Anything of value that was left open here would soon be occupied by a Hornet nest, usually made from mud... I see you know how long it was left open for so maybe s-o-m-e-o-n-e named Mike slipped up eh?
    I was going to see if I could do a Robert Murdock and deny responsibility even tho I am "possibly" the ONLY culprit (and the head of my trans-national corporation)........but you found me out, sly fox.....

Hi Mike.
    Mikeref is correct, apparently synthetic oil will absorb 10% of it's own volume worth of water in 24hrs.
    Thirsty stuff!
    Grizzly

out with the old, in with the new