refit of fridges in superarket causing me problems!

hi, a supermarket store i look after recently got a refit of all the fridges and frezzers on the shop floor. since the refit though there has been continuous problems with every ht fridge on the shop floor iceing up. at the beginning i thought it was due to the high ambient temp in the shop due to the store management leaving the heating on continually, but that issue has been addressed and is no longer an issue. another thing i noticed was large gaps in the panels cut to cover the evaporators inside the cabinets and the water doesnt seem to be able to drain away very well and the fans running seem to force the water away from the drain hole in the base and keep it lodged in the fridge. the fridges fitted are manor and kaplanlar model: python 2500. has anyone else had any problems with these fridges fitted in stores they have been working in?

Re: refit of fridges in superarket causing me problems!

Sorry mate never heard of those cabinets before, a google search didn't turn up much either. You need to stop any air leakages (large gaps in panels) as this will reduce the airflow across the coil and can have the effect of frosting the evap sooner than if it had its design airflow.

What are your defrosts currently set at? Any temp termination and is it coil or discharge air temp? Where exactly is the drain located, most cases with coils at the bottom of the case have the drain point in front of the coil.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

Virtually all HT cases now have off cycle defrost, and all cases require at least 6 defrosts a day, some manufacturers even spec 8.
    Are the HT cases kaplanyar, if so they are Turkish cases.

You may benefit from defrost complete sides of runs together.

I assume that you are working in a Tesco site, the drain issue with the fans is an ongoing issue and guys have been putting cnecks in the bottom of the fan baffles to try and drain away the excess water. Manor cases are usually 8 aday for 30 mins, with a term temp of 8 celcius, if you give manor concepts a ring, they will e-mail you spec for their cases.

Hope this helps

Supermarketguy