Scroll for -40, any "don't do this" ideas.

I am going to be building a new freezer unit and will be utilizing a scroll compressor for the first time. I plan on using a standard oil separator and accumulator. Any suggestions on other parts or pieces? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I don't want to make this first one with built in problems.

Re: Scroll for -40, any "don't do this" ideas.

If you require -40C room, then first indications are that the scroll would be out of application range.

I guess I should have qualified that. Room will be -25 F (-31C). Compressor is rated to -40 SST.

Hi
    You can do that by using liquid injection method.

Ravi

copeland are pretty good at sharing tech info look up there site an see what they got would suggest you buy pre made condensing unit and avoid the hassle depends how big your room is though and how many compressors you want to use the LT comps do have liquid injection but the layouts for condensing unit pretty straight forward if you do have multiple compressors with oil feed dont skimp on the oil feed system nice big bore tube/hoses and make sure you put in isolation valves nothing worse than going to change a scroll comp and having to reclaim every last ounce on a multi pack design when if there had been some thought you can chang it in 20 min with rotalocks and oil isolation
    I can fix broke but I cant fix stupid :)