neil30 Guest

[Bitzer Compressors] Cold Storage

Currently, we have the following compressor at our incoming Cold Store which we use to keep flowers for export at temperatures between +3 to +5 degrees Celsius.

[2 Units of BITZER] each specification: 4H25.2, 45kW, DX Units = 2

The area of the cold store is (l)23.6m x (w)11.9m x (h)4m = 1,123 m3

Firstly, i would like to ask whether the watts/m3 is calculated by the below formula?

(90kw1000)/(11.85*23.6*4)

Secondly, are these 2 compressors in our cold room suited for keeping our incoming cold store at the required temperature of between +3 to +5 Celsius?

Thirdly, i am looking for a data sheet for these compressors and have emailed Bitzer but have gotten no response. Any suggestion where to find this datasheet?

Any info from an experienced individual will be highly appreciated.

Re: [Bitzer Compressors] Cold Storage

Did you email Bitzer four times too?
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

neil30 Guest

Thought the message would get more reach! need answer desperately.

I'm new to this forum so not sure how things work as yet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by neil30 View Post
    Currently, we have the following compressor at our incoming Cold Store which we use to keep flowers for export at temperatures between +3 to +5 degrees Celsius.

Firstly, i would like to ask whether the watts/m3 is calculated by the below formula?

Secondly, are these 2 compressors in our cold room suited for keeping our incoming cold store at the required temperature of between +3 to +5 Celsius?

Thirdly, i am looking for a data sheet for these compressors and have emailed Bitzer but have gotten no response. Any suggestion where to find this datasheet?

Try http://www.bitzer.de/eng/products/docu/doc_det/5
    but normally more info is needed than 2 x 4H25 compressors ,you need the condenser model . evaporator model or models , gas type . Room wall thickness and if inside or outside . etc etc
    The best thing is to find the nearest Refrigeration wholesaler that sells Bitzer and he ( or she ) will ask you all the things I've mentioned and give you an answer.
    The main thing is , did it work properly EVER and now it doesnt ? If it did work properly once well there's no need to check engineering data you need to find the fault .
    60% of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by neil30 View Post

From what you provide above, the 2 Bitzer compressors will do this no problem.