Hi all.

I'm new to this so please bare with me.

I have a heat pool pump that lost its gas in transit and has been repaired, its is charged with R410a, only i dont think the guy who repaired it knows what he is doing.

I am told by the manufacturer:

"Comment 1"
"To check the charge on the unit, your high pressure gauge should be 30 degrees above the water temperature (sub cooling) and the low pressure should be 15 degrees below the suction line temp (super heat). By temperature it is the saturation section on the gauges" - this is fahrenheit."

My water temperature is 19 degrees C and the guages i have only reflect "bar", not temperature of R410a.

From experience with R22 we normally charge to between 7 - 8 bar in a 40ft refrigerated container requiring a 13 degree C level, and i read on the internet that the charge for R410a is usually double R22. Tha manufactureres have since sent me this:

"Comment 2"
"19.3 celsius (water Temp) is 66.74 fahrenheit, so the high pressure gauge should be 30 fahrenheit above the water temp or 96.74 fahrenheit or 35.96 celsius. If I converted correctly this would be 6.669 bar."

6.669 Bar is the same as i was saying above (around 7 bar for R22). This sounds wrong to me.

Can anybody help me with the bar rate charges per "comment 1"?

I would greatly appreciate this as the unit was bought new in January and it has taken me up to yesterday to get these replys from the manufacturer. As a result the unit currently is charged to 10 bar on the high pressure side and is not meeting the heating specs at all.

Thanks
Kev.