Thread: service vans

service vans

got my new one today vw crafter,what a machine drives like a car very impressed its the xlwb the gearbox ratios need revising its 6 speed but i am looking for the 7th,at 70mph its revving at 3000+rpm would like it to be reading 2600rpm,but thats the only fault its 136bhp but may get it pushed up to 160ish does anyone have any experience of this on other vans and does it save fuel?

Re: service vans

ive got a crafter-theyre the dogs b******s! as for fuel they have smaller fuel tanks than transits so u get about 360-370 mile on a tank based on £86 a tank,servicing is better at every 15k,only problem is ad blu-u need 20ltr when the light comes on then another 14k u need another 20ltr-unless u use water haha

thats a big van mate do you need a stores at your base

You might be able to get a different diff ratio fitted to raise the gearing, depends how much weight you carry if it would be beneficial overall.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

what turbo's can i get for it?haha

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    ive got a crafter-theyre the dogs b******s! as for fuel they have smaller fuel tanks than transits so u get about 360-370 mile on a tank based on £86 a tank,servicing is better at every 15k,only problem is ad blu-u need 20ltr when the light comes on then another 14k u need another 20ltr-unless u use water haha
    no this is not a branni,its 3years old no adblu thank christ,the diff ratio may be worth enquiring about ,on the size i carry out a lot of work in the back on site reefer work.