kirk777 Guest

Amana fridge problem

Hello, new to this forum; found it via Google. I hope someone here could help me out: we have an Amana side-by-side. Problem is...the refrigerator side freezes so in effect we now have two freezers. Replaced the control board, the baffle and thermister (sp?) at considerable cost but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we could have replaced the fridge with a new one by now. Kirk

Re: Amana fridge problem

Damper control has to be replaced. What is the model #?

kirk777 Guest

Hi jayryu, thanks for replying. The model number is AC 2224PEKB, standard side-by-side without the ice making facility. Is replacing the damper control involved or fairly easy?

I am sorry to hear about your problem ! You could have saved some money and made a good refrigeration technician
    friend. He will maybe give you a guarantee of a certain set amount of month's. Now you wasted money and time so you robbed your self. Sorry about me rambling, but I see this to often. People think refrigeration is a easy thing to work on and they try D.I.Y just to save a couple of $ !! This is not always the case , sometimes the problem is not that simple and will need more time more fault finding to repair. That can cost you more as I am thinking THAT that jayryu could be right. It sounds like the damper don't work or could be stuck open. Hope this help's.

Regards
    Vick