freezer room comp frost

What is the most likely reason for frosting back to the compressor, cap system, R404a.
    LS .8 barg, gas weighed out gas weighed in .660Kilo, pulls to -10c then frost appears,
    Dev
    Last edited by devlin maguire; 13-06-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: more info

Re: freezer room comp frost

Have you checked your superheat?
    If the charge is right and you have very low superheat, I would say that your airflow has been reduced and you are unable to boil off the refrigerant.
    What was the air off temp when you were checking you suction press/temp?
    Also is the sution return lagged? As at the outlet of the evaporator even with 5k superheat it will still be around -25oc, is it just normal temps?
    hope this helps!

Re: freezer room comp frost

Hi and thanks,This a freezer monobloc in a 10m3 I had an issue with the evap fan some one had changed it for one going round the wrong direction, but you mentioned air flow this may be a issue as perhaps the factory spec one had a greater air throw by an greater RPM any way I have fitted a 18W stock motor and reversed the direction to get it running, I think I will need to speak to Rivacold re the motor spec SH I cant check but I have weighed in the correct charge SC I checked with the air TD only,any ideas would be great
    Dev