criocabin monoblock

Any one knw what direction the evap fan should turn this one is pulling air from the room across the evap I thought it should blow into the room the motor is ccw but the fan is a sucker ??
    Dev
    Last edited by devlin maguire; 11-06-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: big thumbs

Re: criocabin monoblock

if it helps dev,where is the sensor to control the cooling? normally on the return air. so if the sensor is in front of the evap the fan should blow into the cabinet . is there an arrow on the hub of the blade? has the motor been changed for one that is the wrong direction?

Motor has been changed at some point,room probe is on the back of the case, so I assumed that the fan sould blow into the room, but it pulls from the room, and the probe picks up discharge air I thought that cant be right so I think the fans right and the motor is wrong maybe the original was clock wise motor, fan arrow is clock wise motor turns anti clock I thought maybe is was a deliberate design feature, but it does go against convention
    Dev

in this coniguration it will cut out before reaching setpoint.

It's set at -24 and will get there no prob but as its picking up the air off the fan but It's blowing the air onto the back wall about a foot from the case and the air is just hitting the wall and back onto the probe the air onto the evap is lucky to reach -6 so in effect the coldest part of the room is just off the fan it's got me puzzled

best way is to check with the manufacturer then order a fan of the correct rotation from climate ctr as its probably cheaper

Just read another post re motors this has a capacitor and I thought but was not shure it was running slow, I stripped the motor to and had a look lubed it a bit I also took the blade of and twisted them in the opposite direction and tried it and it went like the clappers, culd a faulty capacitor affect the speed I think they either work or dont but then again I only know about start caps if this is a run can it cuase slow running if all else fails its on the phone first thing Monday cheers
    Dev
    Last edited by devlin maguire; 12-06-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: additional info

hi,. have seen cooler motors to run backways when capacitor faulty.new capacitor job done

Cheers Joe-Ice I have a collection of caps in the shed I will give it a go today pm
    Dev