Ammonia Safety Suit and respirator.

I finally got the chance to use my Ammonia Safety kit which was issued
    a couple of years ago.
    I donned it all, suit which is one piece with integral hood. Wellington boots and respirator.
    I did not need to wear the gas monitor as there wasn't any ammonia leak.

I had earlier in the day removed an old shed from my back garden.
    Underneath the shed was a wild bee nest!
    With my wife stood looking through the back door window and ready to turn the garden hose upon me.

I, fully suited. Lifted the nest using a garden spade and placed it in a new location at the bottom of the garden.
    Not one sting and a very relieved me!

So remember the suit is not just for Ammonia emergencies!
    Grizzly

Re: Ammonia Safety Suit and respirator.

Hi Grizzly.
    That is novel use of an ammonia suit.
    Call a local apiarist [ bee person ] and they will collect the bees nest and start new colonies with them.

Beekeeping is a challenging hobby Grizzly. I say that because you relocated them close by, and bees have a search range radius of about 2kms. That means, unless you have a massive back yard, these guys are going to visit you often. Better have that suit ready as they know who you are, and the rest of them who were out buzzing flowers at the time, will fly back to a lost nest and will hang around for some time, checking flight logs and navigation charts.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi Grizzly.
    did your wife get it all on video, you could publish on that U tube thingo, "android in back yard with spade ", bees added

No, Magoo.
    She did not get it on video, but she has been doing Darth Vader Heavy breathing and chuckling from time to time.
    At the time she did get quite serious and ask if I had ever worn the full suit before. I replied " Not this suit but I have had to wear similar from time to time."
    I don't think she had ever realized just how serious it can get occasionally.

I don't know what any of the neighbours would have thought if they had been looking at the time.

Mikeref
    I have looked out this mourning and so far no sign of them at the original site.
    I hope they don't bear a grudge?
    I needed to move them as the nest was right in the middle of my, shortly to be barbecue area.

This was what we call over here a Bumble Bee nest, to which I had always thought they were solitary Bees.
    No, this nest had at least a dozen bees attending to it.
    They are not aggressive at all as if they sting you their sting stays in you and they die.
    However you don't want to be stung by them as it's most unpleasant.

Sorry if my Off topic Post offends anyone.
    I just thought it would be a nice light hearted post listing a novel use of an Ammonia suit.
    Grizzly