daikin multi split

gentlemen.
    i have a customer with a daikin 4mxs80 condenser (4 port) coupled to 2x 3.5kw wall mounts. has been fitted by me 3yr ago-so dont blame the installer-today the indoors alarmed on the wireless controller it was uh-freeze protection -cuts out unit.after resetting unit b cools ok,unit a no cooling.tested output off indoor pcb between 2,3 3-41v dc pulsed signal,same as unit b.
    proved the same voltage on condenser terminals.found lev a clicks but isnt opening.tried swapping lev head with port c (unused)no change.
    tested all pipe and liq thermistors all 21.5k ohm(correct) im thinking of pumping down and capping port a and repiping onto port c and reducing 1/2 suction to 3/8 and wiring onto terminal c then setting master switch to operate as c as the master.
    is it common for levs to stick.
    Last edited by install monkey; 02-06-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: missed manufacturer -oops

Re: daikin multi split

rather than changing the piping from a to c why not just change the lev???

Is the refrigerant correct? If you think it's the valve body, then I'd agree with you and pump it down and move from port A to Port C.

yep gas charge is fine,i could feel he valve body pulsing but not allowing any flow,i opted for pumping down and repiping onto c as its quicker than reclaiming and getting a valve body and trying to keep the body cool whilst brazing 2 inches away,anyway its on port c and running ok,i set the priority switch to c and labelled faulty valve body