knackered ex valve ?

I have started a new thead because the issues have moved away from my original query
    a TEX 12 the spindle i wanted to make sure the spindle was at factory setting from danfoss info so I turned it all the way in to back it out but after 10 turns in ! is this normal
    DM
    Last edited by devlin maguire; 25-05-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: wrong exp valve No deatails

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: knackered ex valve ?

Would you like to try editing it a bit more?

the spindle i wanted to make sure the spindle was at factory setting from danfoss info so I turned it all the way in to back it out but after 10 turns in ! is this normal
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Ok I turned 10 complete turns in is this normal, or is it broke

i thought you normally wound it all the way out and then back in the 4 and a bit turns to factory setting? I'd have to get a box to check though. I would imagine if it was knackered it wouldn't turn and stop but rather keep moving?

alec
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

I've done a couple of TES5 danfoss valves which i think work the same way, with these you had to adjust the orifice to a set measurment before fitting, then install it in the valve, the adjustment was only used to tweek the superheat if needed.

This was a two piece valve, with a brass block for the pipe connections, into which the orifice went and the chrome bellows adjuster assembly goes on top.

Jon
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Yes it one of those with a 90 degree brass block with the solder fitting and 4 allen screws Jon and Al I tried to get some details from danfoss tech but no luck, thing is I thought that these had a limit as to how far in or out they went
    initially I thought it went in and stopped at a 1/4 turn in and thought well I will take it out 2 turns things improved but I run out of time as I had the heating of, so I shut it down and put the heat back on so I decided to check out the valve again but I can turn it in or out 10 full without hitting a stop so are these on a cam type affair that lifts or drops the orifice needle,if so I can see what meant by setting it prior to fitting, help me out here guys
    DM

The "cage" or orafice has to be measured to determine factory settings. The length/ height in mm should be available through refrig. wholesalers. Vernier calipers are the best way i find to set them.. Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

So it has to be assembled with the proper setting prior to to fitting?
    DM

Quote Originally Posted by devlin maguire View Post
    So it has to be assembled with the proper setting prior to to fitting?
    DM
    Yep. What orifice size do you have, and refrigerant are you using?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Also you have to use the lifting tool when assembling components , to dis-engage the adjusting stem/ cog to the orifice assembly. Other wise everything gets bent.

The gap should be 35mm However I need to know gap Y when it is fully open and how may mm = 1 turn any one got a TE orifice in the van,?? I have e-mailed Danfoss tech but if you guys can help I might have a good nights sleep. and if I run it all the way out will it disassmeble itself, by the way Thanks Josip I found a great deal of info posted by you,
    DM
    Last edited by devlin maguire; 26-05-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: up dated with better info