Threaded View

Now we have Fabric Engineers!

Yep, apparently it's pseudonym for "Handy Man".

A couple of weeks ago a large National Building Services Company.
    Gave notice to 11 of their 13 Electrical Engineers. (From the South West U.K.)
    I can only assume this is happening Nationally?
    Yep these guys are multi skilled but the trade bias is Electrical I believe.
    That leaves the 2 remaining guys covering an area so large I would assume they are going to spend most of their work time driving?
    But to balance the act, the company is employing more Fabric Engineers!
    These will provide the first response to site issues and then the decision will be taken as to which trade will be required to respond.

A cheap way of providing cover and one that already exists in the commercial sector, I believe?

Quote " It does not matter if the store man responds to the call out, just as long as someone has attended within the alloted 4 hrs!"

What scares me is everyone is dumbed down by the whole process and long term no-one wins.
    Or am I looking at it all from the wrong perspective?

Incidental of the guys involved, the ones I have had the pleasure of working with are very good guys indeed.
    Who will end up fighting over the few jobs available in their areas because the suits (that's me being diplomatic) have messed up again.
    Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 23-05-2011 at 10:07 PM.