e machine hoshizaki

can anyone tell me the operating function of this machine when i power it up the water valve opens and thats it if i press the reset the tray drops it appears as if the bin level switch is faulty the model is a im20j any help please.

Re: e machine hoshizaki

either open circuit or close circuit to bypass bin stat to see if the ice machine performs

left this machine wired and water on 5 hours later it started to make ice? not very good ice but something that resembles ice.

this ice machine is now working? it seems slow gas is fine,it seems to energise the hot gas solenoid in the mode it should do that is with the compressor in the off mode? it s cubes are about an inch square solid cubes can anyone explain the 3 adjusting settings in the panel the top one is the ice thickness stat but what do the other 2 control? any help/advice appreciated thanks in advance.

Rigbee999 Guest

The top adjustment is for the ice dimple size. Be careful when adjusting as the L and S refer to adjusting dimple larger or smaller. i.e. L larger dimple and smaller cube. The second is for the defrost time. And the third, where fitted, is for the water time. These should not require adjustment. If ice is thin possible water supply issue. Let me know sequence of events and I will assist with fault finding.

it works fine now had an issue with the water pipe from valve to reservoir leaking a couple of jubilee clips sorted that,i presume the defrost time is duration,the 3rd is for the fill time thanks for the info its my local pub i normally fix reefers and cold stores and try to stay away from this type of work.