service contract

Hi all anyone know the script for compiling a service contract,I have been asked to quote for a Hotel with the usuall stuff Kitchen ,bar, cold rooms freezer rooms any info would be great
    Devlin

Cajunlandr Guest

Re: service contract

I see you have the same p-roblem as me. I posted asking the same thing for supermarkets. You had 200 + views with no replies. I have 23 as of this post with no replies. What gives?

I couldn't find anything either so I just made something up, to cover how much it would cost, what happens if either party want to cancel, what equipment you check and how often and some exclusions like there needing to be power to run stuff, and not people working or stuff blocking access to the equipment.

Then just make a tick sheet which you can write the equipment model and serial n. on and things you've checked, reading taken, and any further work needed.

Jon
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Quote Originally Posted by devlin maguire View Post
    a service contract,
    If it's just maintenance - breakdowns + parts extra, then as monkey spanners said just work out how long you need on each piece of equipment and x by number of visits per annum

Full service contract - all in parts and labour, then you need to carry out a full dilapidation on each and every piece of kit first, factor in an educated guess as to how likely you will have main component failure and then from this guess work add some where between 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 will fail, depending on your educated guess work. add the cost of parts & labour for these and then basically cross your fingers you got it right. As there is no way to know for sure what will fail and when its a real risky way to do it.

Best way to do it is obviously the first if your customer will accept this

Hi
    it is not exactly rocket science to create a servive maintenance schedule. State exactly what you are going to do, not what you are not going to do, state extra call out rates, state materials costs plus margin [ i wouldn't though ] state vehicle rates, state terms and conditions of payment. The big thing is order numbers, which stand up in a court as a commitment to pay for services provided.

In the old days 20+years ago 65quid per hp (2 visits and free breakdowns labour and miles), with the right to change parts if there were deemed to be failing (for example fan moter squelling, would change when passing) Parts sold at NRS book price. (was on great discount so did pretty well on parts)

Quote Originally Posted by mad fridgie View Post
    In the old days 20+years ago 65quid per hp (2 visits and free breakdowns labour and miles), with the right to change parts if there were deemed to be failing (for example fan moter squelling, would change when passing) Parts sold at NRS book price. (was on great discount so did pretty well on parts)

Blinking heck. How far back are you going........ £65 for fully comprehensive

It was £89 when Hussmanns lost a big supermarket that I remember

taz