tec0m Guest

A/C with R22 relocation restrictions?

Hello people, I have a legal question:
    There are and whether there are any, restrictions in connection with the relocation and re-installation technically sound and working split a/c with R22 gas, from one place to another destination where it will be used ??
    I know that there is no problem with servicing to the end of 2014, , unless virgin R22 gas need to be added, but what about the transfer and re-install of before operating unit?
    Cheers, Greg

tec0m Guest

Re: A/C with R22 relocation restrictions?

ok . it's been two months since I asked this question, no one has the idea?

I install a few R22 milk tanks now and then, generally i recover all the R22 and send it for recycling when i decommission the system, then once its re installed its recharged with R22R.

You will either need to read the regulations and interprate them for yourself or phone some organisation like F-Gas support and ask them what their opinion is.

I was holding out for month three before i answered but seeing as you're getting impatient...
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

I had a similar query & they said it was ok on the same site under the same operator , but I would think on a new site it would be classed as a new install. Could you not just install it and charge it with a drop in

You are allowd to re-use R22 as long as you recycle yourself. If you have the tools, (recycling unit), you don't need to take it to a recycling center/waste dealer. What you are not allowed to, is to recover R22 and replace it without any other treatment, since you'd be handling a residue (oil)

Attached I put an extract of a presentation from the Spanish Ministry of the Environment about this regulation E.R. 1005/2009.MMA.png

In Ausie (may be different in other countries) if you can pump it down or reclaim, it's ok, then recharge with the same gas as you reclaimed. Of course you need to cap and leak test unit before transporting.