Apsorption chiller

Anybody has a link to the producer? i am looking for some technical manual and installation manual for one kind of those cooling mashines? i would like to learn a bit more about this matter. Especially i am interested in solar cooling.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Re: Apsorption chiller

I have only been vaguely involved in a couple of small(about 5 ton) absorption coolers, so I am certainly no expert. What I did findout was that they need quite a lot of heat to produce the cooling.

From memory it was twice the heat input compared to thecooling output.

They come into their own if there is a lot of waste heat, sothe cost of running them is minimal.

One of the ones I was a little involved it was a 5 ton gasfired cooler, the gas cost was horrendous it seems. The weight was also a factor as it was very heavy compared to a conventional system

I have been told the lithium bromide systems can be a bitdifficult and can get ‘stuck’ and not work.

I have heard of buildings that have diesel generators forpower and use the heat from the deisel motors to run a absorption chiller system andthey the heat that is left is used for heating and domestic hot water, so theyget three lots of energy from the one lot of diesel.

Sorry I know nothing about solar powered absorption systems.
    Have a look at this.
    http://www.solarpanelsplus.com/yazaki-solar-HVAC/

Hi Bob,
    thank you for reply. Any data is better than no data and therefore it is appreciated. fact is that only producers are quite aware of all difficulties regarding this matter. I am stucked in the thermodynamics because i dont want to estimate anything because fact that lots of heat is not sufficient for sizing a solar field. I have enought time for solving this matter and if i come up with a solution i will be glad to share it. At the moment i am stucked with hydraulics for solar collectors but it is not unsolvable. thank you once again.

Hi, MilosBog

Quote Originally Posted by MilosBog View Post
    Anybody has a link to the producer? i am looking for some technical manual and installation manual for one kind of those cooling mashines? i would like to learn a bit more about this matter. Especially i am interested in solar cooling.
    Not sure if this is what you need? Hope it will be of some help

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publi...gle-stage.html

then on the same page .... http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publi...uide%20PDF.pdf

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Ynx Josip. I will recheck this thing. It is a interesting topic and more and more popular in Arab world.

Solar can be used to drive aDsorption easier than aBsorption.

If you have any swings you can crystallize with the absorption process

Ab takes in the neighbourhood of 212F to drive the process of cooling
    Ad takes in the neighbourhood of 160-170F to drive the process of cooling

and the reason is because of the difference between Absorption and Adsorption

Absorption is the process of two or more substances combining into one. This is hard to reverse and usually takes larger amounts of energy to do so. because we are reversing the assimilation of one product back into its many parts.

Adsorption is the process of adding two or more substances together. This is more like a cloth wiping up spilled water. the cloth is still the cloth and the water is still the water but they have been added together.

This video is a little cheese but it explains the difference really well Ad Ab what is the difference?

Mayekawa Adref-noa
    Last edited by IceMan_4000; 02-06-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Refrigeration is not just cool, it is my life.

Ice Man ,
    thanks...all the additional knowledge is good. the thing is that i am interested also in trigeneration so apsorption chillers are good for this purpose..i guess...i am stacked with thermodynamics at the moment in calculation of aposrption cycle. But if i start now with adsorption also it will be too much but in next 3 month i will manage the physics behind.
    Thanks , if anybody else have any comments they are warmly welcome. I will post one schematic when i finish it.

Hi all....just to say that my progress in calculating cycle is going a bit better...i have found formulas for calculation of thermodynamic properties of ammonia water mixture which are user friendly and easy to use...It is definetly a interesting topic and when i solve all this physics behind i am posting ...

Milosbog,
    Since you are in Germany, check out this guy below. He is the head of the IEA task 38 on solar heating and cooling. Google "IEA TASK 38" and all you ever wanted to know as well as all the necessary links are there. Every company involved in solar cooling is involved in the task and the resource is awsome.

hans-martin.henning@ise.fraunhofer.de

I've been involved to a small degree with them but not for a few years so I doubt they would remember me.