Which Walk In Cooler?

Hey People,

So I am looking into renovating my bakery and I need a new walk in cooler. My walk in cooler is an old time wooden box from the 1940's. Of course the blower and compressor is new, so i would like to save them.

I am lost on which brand of walk in cooler to buy. There are so many manufactures I don't know which to choose. Can anyone suggest suggest a good manufacturer?

I have called some that have very cheap pricing (almost too cheap) and they say that they use extruded foam. The say extruded is much better than the injected polyurethane foam.

I have called the bigger manufacturers like Nor-Lake, Bally and Kolpak and they say they only use injected urethane foam and that extruded is inferior.

Which foam is better!?

Also, how do the Galv Steel interiors hold up over the years? I was looking to order a stainless steel but it does add a substantial amount to the cost.

Thanks!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Which Walk In Cooler?

Do you not have the choice of plastic cladding instead of metals?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

No, most of them are either Steel or Aluminum with the option for Stainless.

You obviously didn't follow the link I posted to the Forum Rules about advertising Mr Arnold....

Unless your boss wants to pay for advertising on here, you cannot tout for business in this way

scottlee Guest

Have you tried Master-Bilt coolers? I heard they are good a good buy. Anyway, whatever brand you choose, the most important thing is that they adhere to the standards of safety. We have legal requirements for walk-in coolers. For one, it should be EISA approved (that stands for Extended Industry Architecture). Another is that it should have an R-value (R-25 for coolers and R-32 for freezers). And of course, don't forget to look for the approval of NSF and UL. There's lots to think about when you're choosing a walk-in cooler, no matter what brand you will choose. You can read this buying guide to help you find the right choice. Hope to be of help.