Pricing of used Frick compressors...all thoughts are good ones

I was at a plant today and was ask by someone looking to buy the building what the going price would be on some of the compressors that he wants to remove..Compressors range from RWF II 399B, RWF II 222H, RWB II 399, RDB II 399, RWB II 134. all the RWF's have LX panels with VFD control and only a years run time on them. The RWB's and RDB's are older of course. I have never bought a used compressor so really have no idea what the worth should be. Any help would be great and Thank you in advance.

Re: Pricing of used Frick compressors...all thoughts are good ones

Not alot of value to buy, the plant has to be de-commissioned. Then a second hand machine has a marketable value of approx half new price, plus you need to make a few dollars along the way. So money spent on removal eats away any value in plant as operating. The plant has more value as operational system, where it is.
    An example: I bought a XJS120, low run hours. Complete with Evap coil and air cooled condenser for $10K. After de-commissioning and stripping and rebuilding compressor etc., found the condenser was useless had an incorporated oil cooler circuit. On sold system with new Evap/condenser and water cooled oil cooler pump etc., broke even on sale of.