Where to get replacement fan blades?

Got a customer with a copeland scroll unit with the 180w 900rpm fan motor, someone has fitted a blade from a 120w motor to it so i have recommended its replaced with the correct size.

Having spoken to the wholesalers these blades fitted to the B4 (also the D1 and D2) condensers are now obselete (though they weren't when i first recommended it, he who hesitates...)

Does anyone know of a company that sells aluminium blades with a steel hub to fit a D shafted motor?

Haven't got a size and pitch yet but i have a 180w motor to change somewhere else so i'll get the dimentions off that one.

Cheers Jon

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: Where to get replacement fan blades?

Have you asked Howard at FSW or why not try Remco?

Why bother with blades? Replace the whole thing with a proper fan, if you work out all the little costs you have, it will be cheaper and better to install new fan, S&p, EBM, Ziehl Abegg and you get a happy condensing unit.

Cheers Richard, I'll give him a call tomorrow, i need to order the 180w motor for the other job anyway! I'm waiting on a call back from Beth at climate to see if there are any alternatives.

Cheers Chemi, the blades are about £160 and a similar sized copeland motor/blade/gaurd is £417.
    The problem i have found with these in the past is the original has a two part gaurd which clamps the motor and a separate blade, the bolt centers for the gaurd are i think imperial, a lot of the all in one external rotor motors seem to be metric and on these units the bottom two mounting holes are behind the horizontal reciever so i suspect the condenser would need removing to drill the new holes. The customer is tighter than a ducks arse and put off the replacement from when i pointed it out 18 months ago as he didn't want to pay me the travel time, now something else has failed and he wants to combine the two jobs

How is your thermal imaging camera working out Chemi? I've seen Flir is selling one for around £900 and i'm very tempted!

Jon
    Last edited by monkey spanners; 08-05-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Bet he's a farmer!

A fan+motor assembly for a 180W fan can't cost that much. Go for a similar chinese product in any wholesaler and you will pay a fraction of that price.

Hi Jon,

I'm about to sign a contract with a large insurance company for being their person for the job, after all they will have to pay in case of a fire caused by electric failure and on the other hand, they never had any cash flow problems......

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
    A fan+motor assembly for a 180W fan can't cost that much. Go for a similar chinese product in any wholesaler and you will pay a fraction of that price.
    Yeah I would go for chemi-cool said too, a fan/motor/guard assembly, some brands are pretty cheap.

Thanks for the replies, yes its for a farmer!

Those prices are list from the wholsalers doubt i'll get more than 10% off them, i have fitted some cheap chinese fans in the past but they don't seem to last long, these units do a lot of hours so i'd either like to go with a known good make or idealy a new blade.

I've got the size and pitch now at 20" and 32 degrees with a half inch hub.

I think if i went for a complete assembly the customer would just leave it as is due to the cost, what can you do!

Jon