Transformer bank grounding?

I have a bank of 3 transformers 500kva on a delta system that some one has cut all the earth grounding off of the transformers and the pen fencing. What problems/dangers am i looking at if this does not get rectified. What is the proper way to ground this equipment/fencing?

Re: Transformer bank grounding?

I think that you should aim your question to an electrical forum.....this is far outside of the knowledge of a Refrigeration Forum.

Personally though, I would consider that you should just go ahead and replace the cut off earth groundng wires....

Seems like the copper thieves are not restricted to the UK then...

That will create a huge fault rating if a coil in trani fails. But is the the grounding peg still in place. I would be asking the local power supply authority to check /repair. High voltage side fault rating would be disasterous, like large explosion and fire from the oil.

If you replace the cabling try to get a theft resistant cable, it has a few cores make from copper coated high carbon steel wire. Hard to handle, hard to bend, really hard to cut without a grinder, but no scrapyard will take it unless the steel is removed as it will break the cutters. Other method is to use a steel cable that is a lot thicker as a replacement, it has a lot lower scrap value, and is harder to cut. The railways have a big problem with this, and weld steel cable to the rails as jumpers instead of copper that kept getting stolen. Only problem is that to replace a 16mm2 cable you have to use a minimum of 25mm2 steel cable, which is a lot bigger, and has a higher resistance per unit length, so is only good over under a 10m or so length. As a bonus you can weld it to a steel plate and use that as a connection to the cable instead of a crimped connector.