Okay... I have a commercial one door reach-in cooler with a bad compressor. I have a new condenser coil, compressor and a salvaged mounting base. I don't have the original captube... proprietary... irregular sized. I know I could start out with a similar and "experiment" but I don't want to do any excess recovery etc.

I have a Sporlan AJC 0-75 (I bought a small boat load of these little jewels from a liquidation sale). Well I don't have a liquid reciever... I believe the unit will starve during a heavy load. The system would equalize on shut-down just like a captube system unless I install LLS and a LPC. Any opinions on this??

Has anyone fabricated their own small liquid reciever? I am wondering if the Prof or Marc would have any advice on the size of a receiver needed for a 3000 btuh system? It originally held only 18 ounces of R12... but the system has or will be changed due to the extended liquid line to the AEV... otherwise the other components match oem. I am converting the refrigerant to R409a.

The smallest liquid reciever I can find is 4 pounds... It seems to me that a 4 pound receiver would be a bit of overkill for this unit. The system is a top mount and of course the space is limited.