Midwestrefer Guest

Cool Press Connect In Refer

Hi, been in the business for 6-8 months. Came from plumbing background until work here in KC dried up.

My first ever question:
    Had been using press connect - Viega and NIBCO - copper press connections in plumbing which had been saving my uncles firm a bunch of time PLUS was no-flame.
    Why hasnt this technology been used in refrigeration. If its a compatability of the o-ring with R-410a surely there is an o-ring of a different material that would suit?
    Called Viega, they were ZERO help.
    Seems a no brainer to me. Googled flame free alternatives are they seem too high tech.

Thankyou
    Sam

Re: Press Connect In Refer

in uk, vulcan loc rings are used apparently good for upto 60bar pressure but can leak if fitted poorly.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Try Google, it's pretty good.

http://www.lokringusa.com/
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Midwestrefer Guest

thanks install monkey. I had searched the forum and came accross the pros and cons (mainly price) but wondered why press/viega technology hadnt been adapted. Or why it doesnt work?
    Thanks Sam

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

As Viega only guarantee the fittings to 85psi they wouldn't be much use in refrigeration when we test to 400psi and beyond.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015