FRICK RWF II H 270 Screws Problem

Hi Everyone,

I am new at in this industry about three months. We are using Frick RWF II H270 with amonia. we were using because last week our frick shaft seal begun to leaking too much. we called and informed common service. they came and took our frick to their service. I went with the compressor. at there when they disassembly we saw that there are a lot of burrs on the screws. we saw big and deep burrs on the cover which is place is side of volumizeer valve. and we saw some burrs on the roller bearings. and there is a problem with the colour of screws. near the cover the screws colour is about dirty yellow but shaft seal side is normal metal colour.
    now we are looking into how these were happened. service said that compressor sucked liquid amonia. but in the same pipe line we have two sabroe.

can somebody explain this problem to me? and I have no manual about this Frick. so I don't know the toleration between with two screws %? And can somebody explain the buurs on the screws.?

And I am looking for the manual for FRICK RWF II H 270?
    My email centetic@gmail.com.

thanks everybody...

Re: FRICK RWF II H 270 Screws Problem

centetic,
    The burrs on rotors can normally be from,
    -damaged suction strainer
    -debris entering from suction line ,liquid injection or economizer port.check for damaged strainers
    or check valves in this line
    -if rotors have contacted end housing's, the debris tends to go through rotors
    especially if rotors contacted suction end housing.

Does this machine have liquid injection for cooling?

When was it last overhauled?

-in extreme cases rotors can deflect or bend, contacting rotor casing.

working time is 6130 hours and it was not overhauled. I will check for the liquid injection for cooling. but on normal when we opened the discharging valve compressor was turning opposite side very fast for a minute or two minute.

Just making sure im reading correct...When you open the disch valve with the compressor off the pressure makes it rotate backwards?? If so thats a bad valve. As far as the "burrs" on the the rotors and bearings. Look real close and see if it looks like little feathers engraved in them..if so its a liquid problem..As ranger said check to see if rotors have touched housing, check you thrust clearance.

Hi centetic
    I agree with Mark Selby about the discharge check valve leaking but it also sounds like the the suction check valve or stop check valve could be leaking as well if the compressor turns backwards for a minute or two. If the suction valve is not holding any oil in the compressor will be blown back into the suction line when the compressor stops, these valves need to be checked.
    I agree with Ranger and suspect the suction strainer has a hole in it or is not there, this should be checked.
    You said it has only done 6130 hours and I would not expect to see damage to the rotors after this amount of time unless there is debris entering the compressor.
    From the damage you have described this compressor needs a major overhaul as any damage to the bearings is not good.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by centetic View Post
    working time is 6130 hours and it was not overhauled. I will check for the liquid injection for cooling. but on normal when we opened the discharging valve compressor was turning opposite side very fast for a minute or two minute.
    Its also surprising that compressor was removed from base to repair shaft seal .
    Was there a reason for that to happen?
    Obviously it was nesassary from what was found but strange to go for this far
    unless someone found damage during shaft seal replacement.

If bearings were damaged at this early stage of its life then something else is also drastically wrong.

Oil filters & oil quality should be looked at .

Is machine still under warranty from supplier?

yes it is still under warranty but there some burrs on the housings and now they(service) are changing whole bearings and housings.

Do you know how much water you are in ammonia??

compressor cooling is with easycool or thermosifhon, the check valve has a line of equalization to the compressor, there is no return of fluid through the oil return?
    Last edited by serviceman; 04-05-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Maybe the installer forgot to remove the suction sock strainer, then collapsed and strainer dumped junk into screws. Seems weird that compressor was removed for shaft seal change. More to the problem than meets the eye. The back spinning of compressor is a huge concern as well. I have seen compressors back spin so fast that the cooling fans in drive motor fly to bits, not good.

I agree with Magoo...I have NEVER removed a comp to replace the shaft seal. If the compressor is still under warranty I would ask for a Factory service tech to respond to the call. If they are going to replace the housing tells me something was set wrong from the factory or your Service company didnt know what they were doing (no hard feelings). If your housing is being replaced then your rotors made contact or it was a factory screw up...either way stick to your guns and get a new compressor..thats just what I would do but Im can be a pain to deal with..no matter what the quick fix you will OWN this compressor for years to come and you dont want stuck with junk

When we were replacing the seal service wanted to measure the rotor toleration and we saw that the normal toleration size were changed so service wanted to disammbley body so know I want to learn the original toleration between the screews and the body

Hi, all

Here we have an OP with some question/s, but again without full explanation and description of his problem .... again we are guessing ... assuming a lot of things trying to help ....

Dear centetic, as you said you are new in this industry what is OK, we were new too (many years ago) ... but with all my respect to you if you are looking for help you must tell us all relevant details as possible ...

... it is the same when you visit your doctor asking for help regarding your health ... you have to tell him all about why you come, about your symptoms, feelings, pains, whatever... then is possible to tell what is cause of your problem....

otherwise we have to ask a lot of questions to be able to help somehow...

It is not easy to tell exactly what happened, but seems something was not good with this compressor/system/setup from day one .... is it, somehow, possible to upload schematic diagram of your plant ... ?

How old are other two Sabroe, what type? .... they are on the same system/separator, but close or far from common separator?

Best regards, Josip
    Last edited by Josip; 04-05-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: add some text

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.