Presscon problems

I just want to know if any other Aussie service techs are having issues with the pressnet software. It seems like everyday a Presscon system is losing cards and every PC that gets sent to Phasefale comes back and has issues with registering with the system, I have tried card redetection but it doesn't solve the problem. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

E2vdanfoss Guest

Re: Presscon problems

Just a couple of questions and I may be able to provide some info for you;

How old is the installation?
    Does it have the 4 line controllers?
    Is it a Woolworths or a Coles?
    Do you have all 3 comms wires connected on the PC terminal or just 2 which Phasefale now recommend?
    What percentage does the network read? Is it above 98%?

If the percentage is below 98%, then you have communication issues and could be as simple as just tightening up all of the network and power supply terminals on the cards.

Presscon usually works ok, however, the network is not as robust as CPC or Danfoss. Therefore, everything has to be right for it to be reliable.

I have commissioned a lot of supermarkets with Presscon and found it to be pretty good on the whole. Unfortunately, they seem to have been left behind as far as the controller goes.
    The E2 is all that is used in Woolworths stores now, while Coles is still about 50/50 with E2 and Danfoss.

I saw exactly what you are talking about and sadly Phasefale seem to have a standard line of "it shouldn't do that" and "send back the PC".

In the end with the sites I commissioned I always INSISTED that a standard clock modem card be installed in a switchboard with the rest of the cards and instead of setting the clock card as 99 (clock card in Pressnet PC - M-Log) I found we had a lot more stable network with all syscontrollers looking at the clock card 60 in the switchboard - my thoughts was to minimise network traffic through the MLog card and it seemed to work - all event logs were still set to On and report to Mlog - I must admit though I dipped out at Gen3 when WW got smart and went E2 and Coles got smart and went E2 and Danfoss and ripped out all of the presscon installs in NSW - Yeeha!!!

The presscon installs that did not use pressnet (ie the previos PIN software or just mimic cards) worked REALLY well, pressnet is just not up to it I am afraid.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

Thankyou for your responses, I have sent the PCs back on the instructions of Phasefale. All the networks were running at 100% percent and doing everything they were supposed to except for the office PC couldn't monitor anything. I was told by Phasefale that the card in the back of the PC may have a fault therefore they want to check it out. The first system had a clock card which had been removed ( something that I see all to often due to Frigrite folding unfortunately) Thankyou for your input I am only new to the supermarket industry and will need to run things by people with experience which you guys obviously are.

What store is it?
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

It's a Woolworths in South Australia