Thread: prices UK ??

prices UK ??

Why are costs of kit so high in the UK, I have been looking at a new reccy unit Jeez who's got who by the balls here just look at the US prices for the same ,and I mean exactly the same kit in some cases it's half, now I don't care what the SRW and the like say it soes not cost £300 quid to frieght these over no ******* way this is a rip off. Any one going over to disney world? bring or send back a dozen
    Devlin

Re: prices UK ??

import tax
    fuel tax
    value added tax
    a little bit for the corrupt MP'S tax
    basically cause we get taxed and screwed on everything we buy

Well there is nothing stopping any one buying the kit direct from the States but I guess they might not have a CE spec bit of kit off the shelf.
    The stock they hold will be USA UL standard and in particular the electrics are going to be 110V 60HZ.
    But there is a free market out there and if they can supply at a lower cost than a UK supplier and if you are prepared for any problems with after sales issues then buy direct.
    I am not a wholesaler, I am just sitting on the fence looking on.
    Location, United Kingdom

I wonder if I bought sa y dozen and put in a voltage converter I could punt them on fleabay
    Devlin(Trotter)Maguire

You have to pay import duty and vat on anything you import, plus there is shipping costs.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

I buy a lot of spare parts on ebay. Recently, on ebay USA the shipping prices are getting ridiculous so I get them now from ebay UK.

its all in searching, there are tons of new parts in funny prices.

I bought a cylinder heater band a few years ago from the US before they became widely available over here. I can`t remember the price but it was far lower than the equivalent UK on even for allowing for taxes and shipping.
    Sodding VAT and import duties means an RV I`d like to retire in to travel Europe would cost an extra £20,000 to bring over

most of the stuff we use everyday is imported so dont get the shipping costs excuse i can buy a printer from tesco for the same price of the ink refills guess its just supply and demand [ yes we are being shafted]