Hybrid View

adamharley Guest

Samsung RS21DCNS - fridge not cooling, fan is fine. Water bottle had frozen...Help?

Hello, I've looked at other threads here but can't find one with the exact same problems. A couple of weeks ago we turned the water supply off to the fridge due to a leak. Turning it on yesterday and we had no water. Reading this forum, I establlished the water tanked was frozen and once drefrosted the water works again. However a new symptom is that the fridge is not cooling and staying at c.12 degrees. By holding the door switch I can trigger the fan and this is switching on and sounding fine (not noisy). I'm at a loss now. As said, the fridge issue only started once I had defrosted the water bottle. It had been fine beforehand. Most of these issues seem to be linked to a frozen fan. At the moment the fridge is empty and I have half taken off the light panel and the fan cover although as the fan appears OK, I haven't gone further.

Fridge is 7-8 years old. Freezer compartment working fine.

I'd really appreciate any help
    Thanks
    Adam

Re: Samsung RS21DCNS - fridge not cooling, fan is fine. Water bottle had frozen...He

Hi Adam leave it on and monitor it. It could be that the pcb+keypad inside the fridge or loom plug got some water.
    This happened to me and after a couple of hours was working fine again.

Re: Samsung RS21DCNS - fridge not cooling, fan is fine. Water bottle had frozen...He

look on here will tell you how to put it in to error code mode and then be able to state what the problem is if you need more advice drop me email airkool@hotmail.co.uk

adamharley Guest

Thanks both, having half taken it apart and put it back together it very slowly got down from 29 to 3 degrees and has now held this for c.24 hours. Hopefully sorted! Tonto 33 - I'll let you know if i getany more problems
    Thanks again, Adam